Ravenwing or Deathwing?

DarkAngeal

Hi Dark Angels,

I am going to a local tournament this weekend, and I am terribly undecided as to which list to play. On one hand, I have just finished painting my Dark Angels themed knight titan, and I am eager to let him see play, but on the other hand it's just so much fun to drop 16 terminators on somebody.

The two lists look something like this (this isn't the list building section, so I am not going into too much detail)

Ravenwing:

Knight Errant

Sammael

RW 5 man Command squad with company banner

2x3bike squad

Deathwing:

Belial

3X5 Terminator Squad

Predator with TL Lascannon

I was going to go with the rule of cool, but then I realized that I didn't know which list fit that description better.

As far as the morality of playing a knight titan in a 1000 point list, my local meta is over-competitive already, so it's actually not out of place. Please give me guidance! Also if you have another 1000 point DA list suggestion, I am all ears.

Are you going to win or just to play?

Being the people you will play against are competitive I wouldn't see anything wrong with you taking your first list. Learning from my experiences from the Tournament I went to last week, in such a small bracket I would drop the command squad and add more biker troops (maybe even give them some special weapons for oomph). Hold them back and out of sight whilst your Knight stomps through their army. Late game your bikes come out of hiding and turbo boost onto the objectives.

Last weekend my Knight would easily be killing up to 600 points of units a game before being destroyed. At 1850 that's pretty good but at 1000 that's huge.

I don't really expect to win, but I like to do well at least. I know of at least 2 other players who plan on bringing knights with them. I do have some special weapons in the bike squads (like I said, simplicity sake) as well as the terminator squads. I'll go ahead and post both lists in all their glorious detail in the army list section if you want to know more about the individual load-outs I was going to try for. But my real limitation for bike squads is models. I own 6 black knights and 6 ravenwing bikers.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303922-help-choosing-list/

Archived