Trying to fit my new Fireraptor into the DA

Prot

I'm considering placing the Fire Raptor in my Ultra army or my DA army. 

Truthfully, the DA need it more, but also they haven't seen much action lately....

So I'm thinking of putting them in a mixed wing army. At first I was doing pure Ravenwing, but even at 1850 the list looked stupidly small with Dakka banner....

Any recommendations here? I haven't explored advantages/disadvantages of a Belial led Deathwing or an Az lead rainbow wing.

A Dakka Raptor is one of the ultimate gifts you can give to a mounted DW force, all that anti personal firepower and distractionating goodness.

The only real question is do you paint it Green, Black or Bone (I know what the Fluffbunnies will say; I'm interested in RULE OF COOL).

Don't add to your Ultras, you know we are cooler :lol:

Well honestly mine would be black... black like the tail exhaust coming outta my bikes!

The big question is forming 1850 around this to some usable function (aside from the obvious air support)

Ultra's are fine with Stormtalons/Stormravens, but it will be nice testing this. Unfortunately I'm stuck in a course all week and won't have a chance to make an army list using my armybuilder till I get home on Friday. This sucks..... so I'm trying to get a head start by asking you guys how to mix bikes/termies/and or Greenwing in this to maximize it?

I see bikes hammering forrward, perhaps Az dropping down for greenwing and ObSec support?(black knights don't count anyway). Or just Belial and a big fat squad of 10 precision deep striking termies with 2 cyclones. 

Or is the Fire Raptor better suited for a sit back and shoot?

-Belial and ten termies DSing,  for in your face goodness,

-A couple of six man Tactical squads in Lascannon razorbacks protecting two Whirlwinds at the rear (I know, you hate painting tanks),

-A Libby or Chappy on a bike with a squad of RW Knights to tear up the middle (I know, you hate painting bikes; this way there's less of them),

-Fire Raptor for overhead cover and to draw fire from DW and RWKs

-Other stuff to your hearts desire....

Black, Green and Bone for some tri-wing goodness

The biggest problem with the Raptor is the fact that it doesn't turn up till turn 2 or greater and is loads of points.

I've had a few games where I've rolled the -1 to reserve rolls and it can have a huge impact on the game, I also frequently run reserve units it's a bit of a quandary due to the points cost of DA your opponent can focus you down stopping you getting even a toe hold in the game.

Lovely model but with so much of this stuff you could do with upping the points to 2k

If you paint it black with undisclosed heraldry you can use it in both armies. Better yet, paint it on Legion of the Damned colours. They love to lend a hand to everyone so you have a good justification for it.

That'll be 5 euros for the awesome advice. You're welcome. tongue.png

I have a nephilim in my standard 2500 points list. And basically the fire raptor would replace him in the lineup he's close air support for troops on the ground blasting whatever needs blasting. I like my strategies and tactics before a battle begins to remain simple and functional. Units flank and support other units and the planes only function is to support whatever needs supporting at that given moment.

-Belial and ten termies DSing, for in your face goodness,

-A couple of six man Tactical squads in Lascannon razorbacks protecting two Whirlwinds at the rear (I know, you hate painting tanks),

-A Libby or Chappy on a bike with a squad of RW Knights to tear up the middle (I know, you hate painting bikes; this way there's less of them),

-Fire Raptor for overhead cover and to draw fire from DW and RWKs

-Other stuff to your hearts desire....

Black, Green and Bone for some tri-wing goodness

Tri-wing is Always the best!

I Like to do many lists but my main list is a 2000 points one with Sammael as General with a RWCS with a I-C un TDA as 2nd HQ... A DWK Squad on LRC Will be the bodyguard of the I-C... Two 6 men squads of bikes with attached techmarines on bike with PFG... One SE For serial support... Two tactical squads of 6 men on lasplas RB... And a couple of WW... More or less this is my ideal list... The SE va be swapped For a FR ofc but i dont have one so i stay with my SE now...

Archived