Dealing with Harlequins

shaun03

Sicarans with Mars legacy are good in any list 4+ agsint haywire is great. Hands down Sicarans are best tanks out there and very cheap only 4mb over Baal.

The SG are good match up for the clowns, but they due weild a lot of ap2 so attaching a priest is a must, axes are a waste and so is the fist. Inferno pistol are nice for poping there fliers, and ID them.

But if you know your going to face them, DC with bolters work great toss in hand flamer and PW to taste. I havent ran Hamantors agsint them but blue marine players do and seen whole sqs get smashed.

I just played a match last night against my friend's 1500 point Harlequin list with an eldar flyer ally. He relied heavily on psyker powers to provide them protection (telepathy and the harlequin powers), but that didn't work this game. I took the storm wing formation and my stormraven alone mowed down two of his three troupes of players so he simply lost all of his momentum for assault. He had some bad luck because I denied well and his eldar flyer ally didn't come in until turn 4, so they probably would play better on average. His Solitaire and a Shadow Seer got into assault with my Sanguinary Guard, but they needed to hits of 6 to ignore armor so they only took out one marine before the rest wrecked them. Seems to me that a pure Harlequins list play exactly like their fluff, with much left to chance.

Against a Harlequin pure list, definitely run flyers. I'd suggest taking a stormraven with hurricane bolters. They can't do much against it without help (though we humorously found during the game that Harlequin characters can throw haywire grenades at flyers, not that it does much). I think flamers will work too, but my flamers didn't get the chance to fight since my flyers were so effective.

Archived