Blight Drones

Strazhakov

Anyone have experience with these FW beauties?

http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg530/Rich_Kapmyre/Bitz%20Event/BDrones_zpsf71e32de.jpg

I really like their models and their rules in IA13. Their connection to one of my favourite warbands "The Purge" (calling Dr.Edgemaster) is especially tempting.

I guess I'd use them as singular distraction/harrassment/kamikaze units if I were to play with them and I guess that's what they are meant for.

I love them, admittedly mainly visually - but they do offer a tabletop role even if they are often destroyed faster than I would like. Definitely a worthwhile and pretty distraction!

I'll grab the photo of mine later.

I've been planning on converting my own with some water bottles, but I'd need to fill them with something because the plastic is so flimsy. I was thinking caulk but I'm not sure if there's an easier/better way to do that.

The idea I got for them is to have them fly into the enemy deployment zone and pester them until they explode in their face, lol

What did you convert them out of?

If you're looking to make your own, there are a couple of really good tutorials:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/206963-scratch-built-nurgle-blight-drones/

http://papanurgle.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1439

Definitely doable to try and make your own! Mine were a resurrection project after a second hand purchase, mostly repairing via green stuff and filler where necessary. The trail of slime mirrors the Forge World and various other conversions - that's acrylic rod and laying with a hot glue gun! I've seen some other superb works in this field, and took advice from a number of others on the forum to get the effect that I wanted.

@Chaeron

Thanks alot. Very helpful. Though I will probably get the FW ones being lazy and all. 

@brother_contagion

The idea I got for them is to have them fly into the enemy deployment zone and pester them until they explode in their face, lol

That was my idea as well. Jinking helps with surviving until you are close enough and then just let them do their thing.

The plastic blight drones look like they could be a base model to convert from

Definitely a good start - they are noticeably smaller from memory, but you could easily bulk them as appropriate, or add flying apparatus that gives them an overall size boost. 

I'd like to see that, for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a pair of them in my Nurgle CSM List and I have to say that they are a fantastic unit. I use a Heldrake as well, and in general, they are much more effective. I have also found them to be very durable. With a Shrouded+Jink save, and 12 front armor they can last quite a while. When you jink, you usually have to go to leave the board and come back the next turn, since you can't shoot your main gun, but in general, they cause a lot of damage and really distract opponents.

Plus, they look really cool....

Archived