Blood Angels Drop Pod List

Rommel44

Hey mates. Right now I am in the process of building my Black Templars Drop Pod list, however after talking to my mates, many of them beleive that I could make a more effective Black Templar themed Drop Pod list out of the Blood Angel Codex, as the Black Templars Chapter Tactic isn't that amazing as it once was. That being said, has anyone had any experience running a Blood Angel Drop Pod list? Just some simple questions:

* Would it be more effective to run a standard FOC or the Flesh Tearers FOC for a Drop Pod List?

* Are Death Company a Good fit for a Drop Pod List or should I stick with Furioso Dreadnoughts?

* is Gabriel Seth a good choice for a Warlord or would I be better off making a generic one?

* Do the BA have a Command Squad/Honor Guard choice for an HQ option?

* Other Effective Units I could use from the BA Codex in a Drop Pod List?

Appreciate the help mates.

Assault squads are pretty awesome: 5 guys, "free" drop pods, and 2 special weapons in a 5 man squad.  It's a free 3 to 6 shots on the drop before you get swamped.  Doesnt the Flesh Tearer FOC allow for 6 fast attack choices? These guys could handle your anti-armor needs pretty well... then drop in...

I'd imagine you'd want tactical squads with a heavy flamer, flamer, and 2 hand flamers in pods as well... once you've busted open the armor, burn the squishy stuff.

Death company are not perfect for a Drop Pod as they cannot assault on the turn they disembark. However you can give them bolters as they are Relentless meaning they can fire at full effect and then fire again in the next turn before charging.

The Flesh Tearers FOC gives you extra Fast Attack options. Whether that is useful depends on whether any of the units you want to take require a separate FA pod or if you wish to run lots of FA units.

Blood Angels have a command squad that takes up one Elite slot.

5-man Assault squads with 2 meltas and combi-melta or dual inferno pistols on the sergeants make great alpha-strike units in Drop Pods.

Tactical squads with heavy flamers make good horde clearance.

Pods can be a good way to get Sternguard into position if you like their special ammo. Think of them as super-tactical squads.

A 5 man assault squad with a couple of meltas and a pod is nasty.

But it's not sustainable, they can drop s tank T1 but will be unlikely to be around T2.

Tactical flamer squads buy you a lot more survivability and are pretty much ideal infantry killers, even heavy infantry.

Unless you need 5 tanks dead, I would stick with BsF.

* Would it be more effective to run a standard FOC or the Flesh Tearers FOC for a Drop Pod List?

A CAD (the "standard FOC") would probably work best if you really play the ObSec card to the max.

* Are Death Company a Good fit for a Drop Pod List or should I stick with Furioso Dreadnoughts?

Stick to the Furioso (frag cannon + meltagun).

* is Gabriel Seth a good choice for a Warlord or would I be better off making a generic one?

Seth sucks. Go with a "generic" HQ.

* Do the BA have a Command Squad/Honor Guard choice for an HQ option?

Unfortunately not.

* Other Effective Units I could use from the BA Codex in a Drop Pod List?

Tactical Squads.

Archived