What new Khorne units would you add to a Cult codex?

Hey all,

Now I'm not a follower of the Gods but Khorne is looking very nice right now with that New BT and others coming out of ET. Which are meant to be included in the rumoured Cult Codex.

But apart from the existing and new Khorne models. What would you add to make a more complete Khorne Cult codex?

You have a nice amount from Aspiring Champions ti the Lord of Skulls but I see one area lacking that would fit fluff wise. Fast Attack a razor tipped low flyer popping heads off would be cool but Khornate bikers seem like something that would compliment nicely.

So apart from the Rumoured new Bezerkers and Khorne Terminators what would you add?

Berserkers riding Juggernauts

a new Berserkers type with power weapon options

open topped, fast Rhinos

handrails for Defilers so that Berserkers could ride into battle on crazy walkers

land raider with more space inside (gladly trade lascannons for this if I could have more space)

a thematic shooty option, like the daemons skull cannon but marine derived

an anti-psyker squad, maybe something that deepstrikes and has Khorne collars or null fields or debuffs psyker dice or whatever.

an assault transport flyer or a transport flyer with grab chute insertion for airborne berserker capability

artefacts, special rules, and warlord traits that protect from shooting, make armies move faster, buff challenges, mitigate overwatch, increase initiative

I'd like to improve the core mechanics of the Marks and Icons.  Icons would be able to be used with ANY mark (so mark of Khorne, Icon of Excess for Rage, Counterattack and Feel No Pain) but if you take it with the corresponding mark, it makes your guys gain more benefits-like if you take the Icon of Excess with Mark of Slaanesh, your guys get fleet, Terminator equipped units instead can rundown  enemies.

When you got to the interaction of the Cult units and the various icons, that's where you would get elite or veteran abilities:  Like an Icon of Wrath on Khorne Beserkers makes them have +1 strength on counter attacks, and each to hit of a 6 generates another attack.

I would settle for a special rule which allows them to charge after disembarking a rhino but count as charging through difficult terrain and the target can over watch at full ballistic skill.

Here me out: charging after disembarking a non-assault vehicle breaks a fairly important core rule that's been around since 6th edition. Not to mention that rhinos aren't designed for this kind of deployment (as opposed to a landraider).

Charging through difficult terrain makes the icon of wrath on bezerkers relevant and worth its points cause you'll need to roll a little higher. But you are gaining so much by not giving your opponent a turn to react.

The obvious awkwardness of pileing out of the rhino, blinded with rage and charging without getting set could explain why the target has the opportunity to fire at full bs. But it's only one unit. Before it was the whole army while you waited the mandatory turn before you could charge. Also it makes dirge casters more important and through good tactical use you can remove the targets ability to overwatch. I like this because it allows a charge by crazed madmen thirsting for blood but keeps it tactical and therefore interesting.

This is just off the top of my head now but I think it would be enough to bring bezerkers back on the table without making them too good. Or maybe I should stop thinking and go to bed.

Also bezerkers on juggernauts = awesome

Too much hassle as a special rule. Just give the faction as a whole better assault transports. It's a faction-wide problem, no reason to restrict the solution to a single subfaction.

Skull grenades.

S3 AP5 R8" Assault 1 Blast

Any unit hit by the Skull grenades must reroll successful overwatch shots until the beginning of their next shooting phase.

Any unit wounded by the Skull grenades suffers -d3 Iniative in the following assault phase.

Optional to Berserker squad Skull Champions.

Everything of the above is spot on.

I would Add, +1A on the Base profil, +1Init if a Zerker, Chosen, Bike units and Lords have/are in a squad with the Icon of Wrath when they charge.

Khornate chainaxes, gain rending.

Return of the Gods wargear, Axe of Khorne, Banner of Rage, Collar.

Or if not at least an Army wide rules where models/units with the MoK, generate an extra Power die during the ennemy Psy phase to DtW, units that count 8 models/multiple of 8 or have their total point be a multiple of 8, can DtW on a 4+.

Archived