Unforgiven Relics question.

Eternal Warrior

Foe Smitter is well loved. I like the Sword as well. I admit its expensive but that sword has done wonders for me.  Probably because I pray five times a day t the emperor. Lastly the Lion's Roar works well for me. I usually have a CM with Arti Armor the Lion's Roar and the Sword. Or I drop the sword for a Power sword if points are tight. While expensive I've done well with him. My key is to attempt to live up to the usual rule. Shoot the assault stuff and assault the shooty stuff. Attach the CM to a minor assault/command or whatever squad and have him shoot then charge or act as a counter charger and he tears stuff up for me. I seem to be in the minority though so take it with a grain of salt.

Monster Hunter of caliban is perhaps my favourite relic of the lot it's unpredictable and can really come through in a pinch

The mace of redemption is sort of the wargear relic for your secondary hq, its great don't get me wrong but it feels like something I'd give a librarian or a chaplain I've spent spare points on, not my warlord

The foe Smiter is great for any hq in terminator armor

The lions roar is okay for anyone really but I don't see use in it

The shroud is a waste of points look out sir is more useful than a cover save, I guess if you were a crazy person a techmarine could use it if he was looking after tanks in your backfield

Monster Hunter of caliban is perhaps my favourite relic of the lot it's unpredictable and can really come through in a pinch

The mace of redemption is sort of the wargear relic for your secondary hq, its great don't get me wrong but it feels like something I'd give a librarian or a chaplain I've spent spare points on, not my warlord

The foe Smiter is great for any hq in terminator armor

The lions roar is okay for anyone really but I don't see use in it

The shroud is a waste of points look out sir is more useful than a cover save, I guess if you were a crazy person a techmarine could use it if he was looking after tanks in your backfield

Actually if the Bolter Banner is around and your HQ is in Termie Armour, the Lion's Roar is better than the Foe Smiter. In Addition a one use only Plasma Cannon Blast that is Assault and not Heavy that is Master Crafted so you can re-roll the Gets Hot result is usually better than an extra shot on an AP4 Storm Bolter. To each their own though.

Also if you can afford it, the Shroud of Heroes is godly on a solo Bike Character (2+ Jink save and Feel No Pain on a T5 character? Whats not to like right?) especially if that Character's only job is to carry a PFG around and give an invul to your tanks ;)

Like it was said, people tend to prefer Mace of redemption and foe-smiter. Lion's roar was my personal fave  before the FAQ where it could shoot every turn. The other relics are very situational and/or expensive. I would love to use the Monster Hunter of Caliban but it's only AP3 and on 1 is a very,very expensive powersword and on a 2-4 a poweraxe is still better and cheaper, IMHO of course.

I use only the "Super Mace" (when i field a chap in TDA Attached with DWK) and sometimes the standard of devastation...

I think that the DA are alteady overcosted and i dont feel the need to waste points on more ocercosted stuff (that Will have Little effect on game due to the low number of models that can use the bonus given)...

I use the standards, but not anything else.  I would use the Mace of Redemption if I knew I was playing against Chaos Space Marines, but I would not include it in a general list.  The Lion's Roar is fine for any HQ with an unwieldy weapon. 

Archived