Advice against Necrons

LutherMax

Just had 2 games against my friends Necrons, 1k points. Got smashed both times! Tbh the dice gods wasnt on my side.

He rolled;

10 Imortals w/ Overlord - ress orb / staff of light

16 Warriors

3 Wraiths w/ whipcoils

1 Annilation barge

1 ctan shard (the one that can heal)

I rocked.

1 Librarian lv2 with relic staff

5 Death company - 1 power sword

10 Tac marines w/ combi flamer, flamer, H flamer in A Rhino

5 sniper scouts

5 sternguard w/ 5 combi meltas in Razer with Las/plas

Baal Pred.

We had to play on a kinda small table, so to be fair was pretty cramped.

Plan was for sternguard to murder the shard, this almost worked took 3 wounds. Sadly the razer failed to shoot anything.

Baal Pred to harrass his troops / wraiths. This somewhat worked, i was dropping shots on his warriors for 5 turns. They just kept standing back up!

Death company was aiming for his Imortals, sadly his shard was just in LOS and dropped a pie plate s8 on them.

Game ended 5 - 9 to necrons on turn 5. I just had a droppod left lol. He only lost about 6 warriors / 4 Imortals / ctan and his barge.

Try for fear every chance you get. And if you have one character rolling with Sanguinary Guard throw that cheap fear Mask on him. You really really want to maximize hits on these guys- even the chance to hit on 3s instead of 4s is important. Plus the mask what? Two meltabombs or so? Its nothing

And the flesh tearers strike force detachment is in Shield of Baal Exterminatius. Its basically the only supplement the Blood Angels are getting and it details the Archangels detachment as well... but its a nice set. Nice art and fluff in it too. I'd recommend it

Try for fear every chance you get. And if you have one character rolling with Sanguinary Guard throw that cheap fear Mask on him. You really really want to maximize hits on these guys- even the chance to hit on 3s instead of 4s is important. Plus the mask what? Two meltabombs or so? Its nothing

Looks like he is taking the Sanguinary Priest with the SG, so the masks are pretty much a waste of points imo. He is already hitting on 3's... they would normally hit back on 4's, but if you manage to cause Fear (against their Ld10, and possible Fear-immune Command bubble) they will still hit on 5's, at Initiative 2.  I'd rather have 2 meltabomb sergeants. :)

Archived