Joe's Chaos Marines

Joep

Hey guys how are you

I'm rebooting my 40k hobby and the first army I'm building is Chaos Space Marines! In this post/blog I'll keep you up to date about the progress with loads of pics and other stuff. Comments, questions, and criticism are very welcome! Enjoy (:

Here's some background information:

How It Started
About ten years ago me and my friends started playing 40k, and seven years ago we all gave up on it. The last few months however we've been talking about the newly released models, cool armylists and all that kind of stuff and we've gotten excited! In this period I created three lists: Space Marines, Imperial Guard and Tyranids. All three armies were quite big undertakings with 2500 to 3000 points. The moneything kind of held us all back but a few days ago one of our friends bought a very cool list of 1000 points Militarum Tempestus, and these awesome models did it for me: lets buy some plastic again!

Which Army..?
Since my friend served the Imperium I just couldn't start with Marines or Guard, and his fast moving AP3 troops are kind of useless against a swarming tide of 'nids, so I needed another army besides my three much wanted, much costing projects. I decided to go with Chaos Space Marines since they've got a lot of cool new models, and the Battleforce box was quite a nice value deal. I also think I can make a cool army AND keeping it small with these guys. And besides, what is a better opponent for my friends elite soldiers than one of humanitys worst enemies?

So here's the stuff I bought to get started.

new stuff!

Missing on the picture are:

- aspiring champion

- 5 chosen (dark vengeance)

- dark apostle

Together with the warpsmith these guys are for show. I like the models so much, they just had to be in my army. I've also got my doubts about those raptors for game purposes, but then again, they're so awesome!

As you've probably noticed by now: this won't be competitive list, just a fun and hopefully cool collection of nice models. Armylist will be posted soon!

Thanks!

After some very deep thinking I decided that making a complete armylist won't work for me just yet: while I'm building my army I will probably see loads of cool bits and other stuff so it'll probably change all the time. I can, however, give you guys a list of units (:

- terminator lord

- dark apostle

- warpsmith

- marines (5)

- marines (5)

- terminators (5)

- chosen (6)

- raptors (5)

- predator

- vindicator

- maulerfiend

- rhino

Right now it's time to build some stuff. I'll probably start with a kit that looks really really awesome, so I don't need to convert it. Giving myself the change to see how rusty I am...

In the meanwhile I've got a question for you: If I would play with all of these units, which two of my three HQ choices should I pick against Grey knights, Eldar and Necrons?

Hey!

So after all these years I built a model again! Quite a big one. It was really fun, but with all those moldlines on them spikey bits also a bit exhausting. I'm satisfied with the outcome however. Meet molly the maulerfiend! (and his friend paul but he's not really of importance in this topic)

molly the maulerfiend and his buddy paul

And here's some photos of how I made the base. As I said earlier comments and criticism are very much welcome (:

maulerfiend base

maulerfiend base

maulerfiend base

maulerfiend base

maulerfiend base

maulerfiend base

Archived