Dante Conversion ideas

JSlade

Here is another conversion I'm pretty happy with. It's my vanguard veteran sgt. The vanguard vets are all made with HH mk 4 armor, mk 2 jump packs, grey knight helmets, with grave guard bits for wings on them.

He's only base coated with khorne red and nuln oil so far. 

11209764_10207328413467581_5871204630555

here is an idea of the paint scheme. it's pretty much flesh tearers. I'm going for a custom chapter, "blood dragons," but I love black and red. and with some other experiments, I settled on the flesh tearer theme, cause it just looks great. 

11147111_10207328437308177_5215755661170

10361406_10207328437748188_8294527361318

Thanks gang. Yes, I certainly wanted to go for the space vampires route. However, I started reading the HH books, and decided to tone down the fangs and full vampire route. So, they're the "blood dragons", and will certainly have some themes, but I'm not putting the vampire chicks from the coven throne Model on anything, or making my death company zombie marines any more. Sticking to the gene seed defect aspect.

Thanks for the kind words. It really motivates me to paint this stuff. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to post some more progress.

Chaos marauder from fantasy.

My original idea, was that each squad would be very distinct. "Counts of Walpurgis" so. Each sgt would be a vampire count, from the home planet. And a distinct flair. Even, some squads made up of bits to look like vampirized other chapters. A chapter of red painted space wolves etc. so I have boxes of all sorts of stuff. Now I just use random bits here and there. Trying to make it more uniform, less novelty.

Your Vet Sgt is so awesomeit could be a Captain or Chapter Master anywhere else. Too cool. Love the theme of the army. Also, what bit did you use for that power sword? It looks pretty unique

thank you. He's a HH praetor. I just added the greyknight helmet w/ wings into his hand. Its also the fantasy vampire counts dragon rider head. and a mk2 jump pack. 

Archived