Baal Strike Force + Fleshtearers Strike Force CAD, legal?

Meatcaber

Hi all,

Question is in the title, really. Is it legal to combine these two Detachments? 

I read over the relevant rulebook section but couldn't see anything definitive telling me I couldn't, but it is entirely likely and likely plausible that I missed something! 

Cheers :)

The Troops in the CAD will have ObSec.

You can have any number of (different) detachments in your army. If points allowed you could even have an allied detachment and a company of the Great wolf detachment and any formation you like in your army in addition to the BSF and the CAD. or multiples of each.

Thank you both for the responses. I see what I have done, lol. I meant could I take a BSF detachment and a FTSF detachment in the same army, and I was also going to ask if I could indeed take multiples of the same detachment (BSF) in the same army as well.

I like the BSF formation but it's Fast Attack allowance isn't enough for what I want to field in my armies, and I wasn't entirely sure how the CAD's/formation/detachment things works. 

Thinking 2 BSF or BSF and FTSF will allow me to take the things that I want, just had to make sure combining them was legit.

You can take as many detachments as you have points and minimum unit requirements for. That includes formations, too. So you could have a CAD and a BSF and an Allied Detachment, or Two CAD and a FTSF, or three FTSF and an Inquisitorial Detachment, or any combination therein.

Thanks for clearing that up everyone :D

That's kind of awesome you can do that. I've got several ideas of what I want to do combining the different CAD's from C:BA. And having a 'normal' CAD for ObSec also gives the player lots of flexibility as well... It's all a bit confusing but once you wrap your brain around it it does give the player lots of options for army building!

Cheers very much, gents!

A Battle-forged army can be made up of any number of Detachments and/or Formations. Just remember that any bonuses only apply to the units from their own formation. For example, if you have a BSF + CAD, only the Troops in the CAD gain ObjSec and only the units in the BSF gain Red Thirst.

A Battle-forged army can be made up of any number of Detachments and/or Formations. Just remember that any bonuses only apply to the units from their own formation. For example, if you have a BSF + CAD, only the Troops in the CAD gain ObjSec and only the units in the BSF gain Red Thirst.

Ah yes, mustn't forget about that, thanks for pointing it out ;)

Thinking 2 BSF or BSF and FTSF will allow me to take the things that I want, just had to make sure combining them was legit.

How many attack bikes do you want to field?

Just 2 :D

Archived