What armour do the Fallen have?

HsojVvad

I never ever thought about this since for what ever reason I thought Fallen would be Beakies. But now with rumours of plastic Horus Heresy minis coming out it hit me. What kind of armour would the Fallen have?

Would they be like the HH minis? With the "Knight" like helemts and not the current SM minis we have now? Would they change their armour and be "updated" as updated a Fallen can get? Would they change their colours then if they can update their armour?

Just a curious thought that I can't answer and would hope my fellow brothers can.

I'd imagine that some of it might be Heresy-era armor, some of it might be scavenged from defeated foes (as the Space Wolves' 13th Company did throughout their time in the Eye of Terror), and some of it might be no longer recognizable as Marine armor at all, do to the corrupting influence of the Chaos gods that the Fallen now serve.

MK II and MK II were fairly prominent in the loyalist legions cause the production of the most advanced MK IV was driven to mostly the traitor legions by horus himself...

MK V was introduced during heresy as a gap holder until the most advanced MK VI and MK VII were available

The MK VI was issued mainly to the RG in the first times (these were mainly preproductions and prototypes) and when the mass production finally started Horus was so near to solar system that only the legions defending solar system (BA, IF, WS) were equipped with that mark...

The MK VII was introduced only short time before the Battle for terra so before the end of the Heresy only the BA, IF and WS had access to that mark...

Being Caliban far from Terra and not involved in the battles i guess they received few armour of the MK IV and NK V types so i guess that most of the fallen were equipped of MK II and MK III with some rare MK IV and MK V...

While older marks of armour would likley be predominant, the Fallen could have any sort of armor, having had plenty of time to acquire it.

This kinda points out a dichotomy that we haven't addressed..  

When are you modelling your fallen army?  30k or 40k.  30k will be the marks that Master Sheol brought up.  40k can be anything.

Mark 6, because Luther was raising new troops each year and they would be getting the newest armor to start with. You don't give new recruits Mk 2-3, Mk 4 is already getting rare and Mk 5 is a stop gap in the field.

And MK 6 just looks best for the Fallen with Mk 7 on the Loyal modern Dark Angels.

JeffJedi, who do you propose is shipping mark VI armour to Caliban before its destruction? I expect Luther's recruits to be equipped with mkII and mkIII. They might have small amounts of mkIV but I think Caliban would be quite low down the priority list for that.

The terran contingent that wasn't imprisoned would likely have Mk2 and Mk3, especially the later arrivals like Astelan. The calibanite recruits likely had mostly Mk4. It's also hinted in the audio books that the forges on caliban produced some of the armor and definitely the ammunition.

We're still fairly early in the Heresy seris and I think the newer marks will make their way out to Caliban by the end.

After Mars falls into civil war, it's not Mk VI that's recovered from the Forges, it's Mk IV and after that unless the traitors somehow knew the DA on Caliban had turned, I doubt they would have gotten Mk VI

Mark 6, because Luther was raising new troops each year and they would be getting the newest armor to start with. You don't give new recruits Mk 2-3, Mk 4 is already getting rare and Mk 5 is a stop gap in the field.

And MK 6 just looks best for the Fallen with Mk 7 on the Loyal modern Dark Angels.

Totally wrong here sorry...

Caliban was a recruiting world far from terra...

When the heresy began the big numbers of the PA available were still MK II and MK III cause the MK IV was a recent introduction...

Most of the forgewolrds that sided with Horus were MK IV builders while only a very few part of the loyalists ones were building that kind of PA...

So the loyalists forgeworlds had to put  in production a new mark to meet the needs of the war until the more advanced MK VI was available and that was the MK V...

MK V were send to the frontline troops while the first MK VI armours were shippend to the RG in the process of rebuilding the Legion after the Drop Site massacre...

So at this point of the Heresy we have MK II and MK III established on Caliban with few MK IV arriving before the start of the heresy and almost none after... The MK V were sent mainly to the main front but i guess some were sent to Caliban too but in smaller numbers...

When a big amount of MK VI was available Horus was besieging solar system so all the MK VI armours were used by BA IF and WS...

The MK VII was introduced and built only on terra during the last months of war when horus took mars and the Seige for Terra started...

So no MK VI and MK VII was sent to caliban before the end of the Heresy...

When the heresy ended Jonson arrived to Terra  and then returned again to caliban probably with new marks of armours...

So i still think that the most used marks of armour by the Fallen during the Fall of calliban were MK II and MK III with small amounts of MK IV and maybe MK V...

After the Fall of Caliban ofc some fallen would had the chance to get some more modern Marks but i think they are few that have now MK VI, MK VII or MK VIII...

I'd imagine that some of it might be Heresy-era armor, some of it might be scavenged from defeated foes (as the Space Wolves' 13th Company did throughout their time in the Eye of Terror), and some of it might be no longer recognizable as Marine armor at all, do to the corrupting influence of the Chaos gods that the Fallen now serve.

Keep in mind that very few Dark Angels actually fell to chaos after the betrayal. The vast majority are either renegades or repentant, but in either case don't worship chaos. It doesn't stop Dark Angels from hunting them down anyway, but almost every instance of a fallen is sans-chaos.

Fair enough, but just because they don't consciously worship Chaos doesn't mean they are unaffected by it (consider the Crimson Slaughter).  It's surely how Luther had the power to mortally wound the Lion, and all those years of hiding in the Eye of Terror has certainly twisted those who fled there.

Keep in mind that very few Dark Angels actually fell to chaos after the betrayal. The vast majority are either renegades or repentant, but in either case don't worship chaos. It doesn't stop Dark Angels from hunting them down anyway, but almost every instance of a fallen is sans-chaos.

Just what a Dark Angel would want you to think...

Just what a Dark Angel would want you to think...

Actually, according to all the original story, none of the DA fell to chaos. They believed their primarch joined Horus and that they were siding with the emperor by firing on him.

So your entire argument is invalid. Also, people who live in glass houses made by a primarch who sent all his progeny into psychosis by getting **** slapped by Horus shouldn't throw rocks smile.png

Especially while on The Rock....

Fair enough, but just because they don't consciously worship Chaos doesn't mean they are unaffected by it (consider the Crimson Slaughter). It's surely how Luther had the power to mortally wound the Lion, and all those years of hiding in the Eye of Terror has certainly twisted those who fled there.
Remember that Luthor was not a space marine and was technically not a Dark Angel. He was heavily augmented but had no geneseed. As far as being influenced by chaos... well... everything in 40k is. The DA would not be remarkable in this, except that they are especially wary of dissent within their own ranks and I'd wager would likely kill their own over mild suspicion after the events on Caliban.
Besides, as I keep pointing out, Dark Angels are still the only chapter to receive bonuses when fighting chaos.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually considering stripping my Dark Angels and repainting them in the pre heresy black, and making them Fallen. Fallen come in all flavors, from chaos worshipping wackadoodles that wear other peoples faces, to simple marines who become disgusted with the chapter's team killing antics. 

I have a question related to this, I know in the DA codex the lion helm is pictured as being caliban green. But wouldn't it have been black like the armour before the fall of Caliban? Would they really repaint their primarch's helmet?

Archived