The Weeping Angels - Night Lords 30th Company Warband

I figured i'd give the whole army plog thing another try, this time with my extremely new Night Lords army. So far only five Terminators and a Lord strong, i've been tempted to become midnight clad and join the traitors.

So far i've made a start on my lord. The gold isn't as terrible as the photo makes it look.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XUnvDJVJxTo/VQRkMZMHeRI/AAAAAAAAACQ/ftK-A8NQyi4/s1600/a2.jpg

Skarro Kaled, the Weeping Angel, Master of the Night Lords 30th Company, warrior of the Long War.

Comments and critique welcome.

Good start, why does he weep?

He saw the truth behind reality. After that he, and every skull, head, eye, or decoration, in the warband has wept tears of blood (or equivalent ichor). That's my attempt at fluff to justify using the name of the only Doctor Who monster that consistently terrifies my kids (and me). 

Its a good start, I would suggest using some Technical Paints Like Blood for the Blood God to add a bit of texture, the Nurgle one could work for the Nid Skulls.

It may be the lighting but it looks like the Claws could do with a wash to make them look less flat.

I look forward to seeing more.

• 2 weeks later...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tLh2VQnq0Ns/VRAZfpvJZUI/AAAAAAAAACk/dXlreSaYEoU/s1600/rli.jpg

Just a quick update with the first of my power armoured champions. I've actually painted up a fair bit more, but my camera insists on being lousy and they look absolutely terrible, so i'll be keeping them hidden until i can rectify the camera situation. This image turned out half decent however, so i figured i would share.

Archived