Please Help - confused with Ravenwing command squad

Rottimus

Hi,

I newly got a hold of the DA codex. I'm planning on a small allied force to help me deal with necrons (blind + rad grenades)

The entry for the command squad ravenwing, along with the FAQ states that the squad can take a banner.

The Standard of fortitude gives the squad feel no pain yet is cheaper than upgrading to apothecary + the apothecary loses his bolt pistol and thus his +1 attack.

To me, it makes NO sense to upgrader to an apothecary when you can just give them a standard... is this correct? am I missing somethihng?

The standard is Biker + 85 points

The Apothecary is Biker + 30 points

If your running the force as allies then the Apothecary is generally the best way to go the standard of Fortitude is the best way with mixed Terminators

If your fetching a Dark Talon then the squad will need the Banner of Devastation, I have the Talon and its very easy to get it within 6 for the full 24 bolter shots from the 2 hurricane arrays the blind template is only 18" but you need the grenade launcher within 12 to reduce their toughness.

As a spam combo goes its certainly gonna make its mark, getting Rending with the Librarian is useful stick it against a plane and then fire 24 TL bolter shots at it :)

Archived