Multiple modifiers

Okay, so we all know that any set values are last, multipliers are first and additions/subtractions are second...

So,

Thunderwolf cavalry... Are strength 5 base, and with a thunderhammer, makes them strength 10.... Simple...

BUT. A wolf Lord that is given a thunderwolf mount, gets +1 strength (along with other things), so with a hammer will be attacking at strength 9...

Now this... This makes no sense to me.

Am I getting this correctly?

Is there a distinction between buffed stat lines due to wargear/upgrades like mounts or things like eldars 'crushing blow' ability to weapons that allow increased strength?

Damn! Was hoping this question would be resolved.

I wanted to know because I was wanting to give my striking scorpion exarch the crushing blow ability, which is +1 strength. So was wondering if he attacked with a scorpions claw, would he be striking at strength 7 or 8..

Meh

I wanted to know because I was wanting to give my striking scorpion exarch the crushing blow ability, which is +1 strength. So was wondering if he attacked with a scorpions claw, would he be striking at strength 7 or 8..

Meh

There's a difference there, though. Scorpions don't have a base wargear stat raise like the Thunderpuppies do. A closer analogy would be an Ork with a Power Klaw or a Blood Angel Terminator with Fist on the charge (Furious Charge). In both cases, it's base, then multiplication/Division, then addition/subtraction, then flat number modifier.

So in either case, Str x2, then +1.

Meh

There's a difference there, though. Scorpions don't have a base wargear stat raise like the Thunderpuppies do. A closer analogy would be an Ork with a Power Klaw or a Blood Angel Terminator with Fist on the charge (Furious Charge). In both cases, it's base, then multiplication/Division, then addition/subtraction, then flat number modifier.

So in either case, Str x2, then +1.

crushing blow is a straight up state changer exactly like a wolf mount though, "this model has +1 strength" . Not whilst attacking or anything of the sorts, it's simply +1 to the stat, exactly like how a wolf mount says.

crushing blow is a straight up state changer exactly like a wolf mount though, "this model has +1 strength" . Not whilst attacking or anything of the sorts, it's simply +1 to the stat, exactly like how a wolf mount says.

Not really. The problem with Thunder puppies is that +1 Str is already in their base profile. That's what leads to the confusion there.

The Exarch does not have this, so unless the Exarch's power states this applies before other modifiers are applied, than it follows the standard multiple modifier rules, and the addition happens after the multiplier.

Archived