Help with Chaos

Donkalleone

Hello,

this time i will be playing against Chaos and have only a rough Idea what they are About.

I know i will have to look out for the +1T or the +1I Buff they can choose and demonic possesion on the Tanks.

He himself is new to Chaos but a veteran player but not very competetive.

For now i have the following Army in Mind: 1500 points on the dot

Astorah + 10 DC Jumppack CS/Bpistol and 1 PowerWeapon

10 Tacticals in Rhino With HeavyFlamer/Flamer

10 Tacticals in Rhino With HeavyFlamer/Flamer

Cassor in DropPod with DWML

Libarian LvL1 on Bike to Buff the Dread (I and A)

4 Bikers with 2 Grav Weapons

5 Devastor with 4 ML

Baal Pred with Assault and HB Sponsons

The  Question for now is: isnt it better to Choose the Flamestorm on the Baal for the AP3? Or should i stick with the 24 range cannon and keep my distance.

Is this list ok? Do you have Tipps?

Hope for some Answers

I agree with the fists on the  DC. The toughest thing for me about chaos is the high toughness models, and the S8 attacks will help a lot. Plague marines are especially a pain because they have defensive grenades, which take away your extra attacks and furious charge (which really hurts death company).

Watch where you put Cassor on the drop, chaos can field a decent amount of melta, and have CC dreadnoughts of their own (maulerfiends, etc.) that could put him out of commission.

New to Chaos and not very competetive? ...you'll be fine.

CSM isn't a very good codex, it only has a couple of things in it that you'd need to really worry about, almost everything else will be similar to your own units but either more expensive, inferior or both. Take berzerkers, for example. They're kind of like death company, except they have no options for power weapons, jump packs, drop pods or fancy pistols - they're elite close combat marines who are stuck on foot, with chainswords, and maybe a rhino for transport. They're not a good unit.

That general theme pervades the codex. Where CSM do have advantages over their loyalist counterparts in the SM codex, interestingly enough, BA match or outdo them - chaos raptors, for example, can take meltaguns, which assault marines generally can't - except of course BA assault squads can, and are much more versatile and generally cheaper than raptors.

The good things in the Chaos 'dex are bikes (which are good everywhere), chaos spawn (very cheap beasts with a lot of wounds), obliterators (2W 2+ armour heavy support unit who can fire a different heavy weapon every turn, come in packs of 1-3, expensive, can deep strike), maulerfiends (12" move through cover walkers that have an armourbane punch if they hit you with their powerfist) and of course heldrakes (flying ap3 flamethrowers, av12).

Almost everything else is either not good to begin with or presents little problem for Blood Angels. Maulerfiends are also only av12, and they're huge models, so if you can kill a dread, you can definitely kill those. Just keep them away from your vehicles and you'll be fine, they can't really handle infantry because they have very few attacks.

Archived