Mungers W.I.P Log

munger

Heres the start of my WIP Log starting with GW Murderfang

I have gone with the standard reipe of Space Wolves grey, Kommando Khaki and Shadow Grey, with increasing amounts of space wolves grey to highlight followed by almost pure white for line highlights.  For shading I have gone with shadow grey, scorched brown mix with an additional touch of P3 Greycoat grey to darken the shadows.

The red strips are basially red core with added black for shadows and blood red for highlights, I havent gone too high or too low on these.

The metal work is boltgun metal mised with a touch of black for the base and highlighted by adding chainmail, to line highlights of mithril silver.  Then went back over and shaded with P3 black and brown inks, and highlighted again where needed.

The base I wanted to do a craggy outcrop so basically got some jagged natural cork and started building them up in layers, with pva and sand mixed in places. 

Lot more work to do, and becuase I always seem to rush my bases as an afterthrought I started on the base first and will work my way up.  Its worked out really well bar a few splodges of paint falling on the rocks which I will rectify at the end.

Below you will find my current stage, and the original pcture before undercoating.

http://s27.postimg.org/e5hjlpuvn/murderfang_wip_group.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived