Crystal Brush Awards 2015 winner

Olis

Crazy cool paint job. anyone have any idea where the model came from? obviously its a lot of custom sculpting, but does anyone know if its an entirely custom sculpt or if theres some plastic in there somewhere?

Crazy cool paint job. anyone have any idea where the model came from? obviously its a lot of custom sculpting, but does anyone know if its an entirely custom sculpt or if theres some plastic in there somewhere?

It's a large scale model, completely scratchbuilt.  Which just makes it that much more impressive.  I don't know what dark pact Kanaev made to be able to do all this, but sign me up. 

Hey, wait, hang on ... That ... That isn't 28 mm, no?! I swear to the holy mother of god, if this is 28 mm I'll throw out all my brushes and never touch one again.

Edit: Ok, I see. Category Large Scale, Manufacturer Scratchbuilt. Still. This is a mind-blowing paint job at any scale. Absolutely mind-blowing.

Daniel Craig, Crimson Fist.

I was thinking the same thing!  That is the most realistic face I've ever seen on a mini.  

(He does look a little cross-eyed though)

I'd be cross-eyed too, after painting all those details!

I don't know what dark pact Kanaev made to be able to do all this, but sign me up. 

I'm in line right behind you, mate.

Well, thanks for ruining that for me, Jeff. Not only is Daniel Craigfist now a Crimson Putin, but I can't even make 90% of my Putin related jokes, because politics.

Jerk. tongue.png

Actually, with those puffy cheeks...I still see Craigfist. Woof. Much better this way.

Sorry about that whole "jerk," thing. Best buds again?

:teehee:

We can be friends, sure, but the more I look the more Putin he appears. Putin even has the goofy eyes and that hair cut. Given the artist's name, my vote's on Putin. I mean, not my actual vote... Er... No politics!!! 

Maybe some day I'll make another trip to the City Museum and we can meet up and arm wrestle over it. 

If anyone can find the WIP pics, I'd like to see them. My skills at navigating social media are terrible and couldn't find them on TGN's MyTwitterFace.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any wip shots using google-fu. If I do come across some, rest assured I will relay them here. Here's some links to further illustrate the Yellow One's calibre (if it wasn't obvious already):

http://www.puttyandpaint.com/Yellow_one

http://www.paintingbuddha.com/products/pbl-kirill

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/KKanaev/profile

I am going to be a loner here... I cant say I am a fan, maybe its jealousy of skill... But thats not how I see Crimson Fists. And I thought Putin too :)

I cant deny the skill.

I'm in complete agreement.  My googly eyes are all about the sensational skill, even though I feel it's misrepresenting any Son of Dorn.  It looks more like the work of a more expressive Chapter like the Blood Angels, being so decorative.

Archived