New options in Battlescribe?

3DJutsu

What Are these new options I'm seeing in battlescribe? I've noticed my Rhinos, for instance, can take "Legacies of Glory"

What are these, what book are the rules for them in, and are there any that are specific to Dark Angels?

Legacies of Glory are from Imperial Armour Volume 2 Second Edition. They're special honors a vehicle can take representing epic battles it took part in. If you pay the cost for the Legacy, the vehicle gains a benefit.

You're limited to one of each Legacy, and only one per 1,000 pts of your list.

They are open for Dark Angel use (subject to limitations for the individual Legacy).

It's from Imperial Armour vol. 2, 2nd edition. These are fluffy rules you can buy for one tank/flyer/walker in your army. Some are really nice. The only one that is really DA-related is the one from the Thramas Crusade, I think. It gives fearless at 12'' from the tank.

There are no fluff restrictions. For example you could have a Dark Angels Drop Pod that obviously did not take part in the Drop Site Massacre on Istvaan V, but still has the appropriate legacy. Whether you want to take legacies of battles the ancestors of your army did not actually take part in is up to you.

I think they should not have tied the benefits to particular battles. Why would only vehicles that had been on Istvaan V be able to deep strike without scatter?

True, The War of Murder was a famous bug hunt but other vehicles could also be particularly good at killing monstrous creatures.

On the other hand there are two generic legacies (Shrouded Provenance and Ancient Mariner).

I love to use FW rules, they're acceptable in 40k so why not use them. I have a tempestus army, that I'll be using the Elysian drop troops rules for. I've used the rules for the Land speeder tempest with my storm talon models.

Archived