Xiphon Interceptor Caliban Pattern

Master Sheol

FW just released this new nice fighter available for DA armies too...

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/XIPHON_INTERCEPTOR.html

The experimental rules are here...

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/X/Xiphon_40K.pdf

This plane is way better than the Nephilim and costs just 25 points more...

However the kit us very costy (£80) and in resin too...

I think i will modify my unused Nephilim with 2 LC in place of the HB to use it as a Xiphon Caliban Pattern...

What do you think about this flyer???

Well, my first inpressions: Ugly as sin (lifted from Star Wars!?), especially when compared to the Neph. The load out is better, 2 x TL Las Cans and a missle array with S8 AP2 60" missiles with rerolls on Pen charts (D3 select highest) are pretty damn sweet. But then there is just 2 HP's on an AV11 chassis ... couple of Interceptor units on the board will wreak this pretty quickly will they not? +1 to jink saves is all very well, but then it diminishes its ability to shoot; which is arguably its main strength (glass cannon). Armoured Ceramite is nice, but ifs its flying past how many Melta's are going to be able to hit it? Deep strike is cool, but comes with its inherrent risks, on an already fragile chassis

Once again I think its over costed both points and cash wise, for similar points i'd still favour the Storm Raven (if we could get access natively) Storm Wing fortmation still rocks IMO.

But then - what do I know tongue.png

I like your idea though - The Neph is a sexier model, cheaper and if I wanted to run this unit i'd opt for this route too.

I like the way it looks! And it looks FAST!  I'm all for it, but I'll follow Sheol and hussy up a neph over buying this.  It's really fragile.... but finally having a flyer that can deal with Helldrakes without springing for allies has me a little moist.  If nothing else It'll make a nice big explosion.

Got a Neph with the DV expension, i might proxy it as well to give it a shot. Not many flyers among my opponents, but a regular flyrant making my life a misery. AV11 means he can get glanced to death it by him as well ... We'll see :D 

I was working on a nephilim conversion to run as a Stormtalon - may just need to squeeze some Lascannons in instead of ACs to try this out. Might be better for taking out enemy armour than my Stormraven.

A Storm Talon conversion?? Challeeennnge accepted... Or at least deferred until I get on top of all of my other painting and building. I will at least fire up the CAD program and have a go at some wings or something.

I want 4 (2 for my SW and 2 for my DA. if only yoymart was still up and running...). It would be nice to have some good air to ground, but the storm wing is probably the best bet though (and I only need one of those). 

Archived