Larger bases and the BA tactical squad box (and others)

Hi all,

Apologies for this, I am sure it will have been asked before but couldn't really find it. Plus I suspect that there has now been a precedent agreed upon.

In essence, I am struggling with what to do about the larger 32mm bases. My BA force was built in 5th and as I get back into the hobby, we are now seeing a lot of the larger bases on the PA models.

I don't really want to rebase and call me anally retentive but I don't want to have models on different size bases (in PA). What do people think about me using the old style bases for the new models as that is what the rest of the army is on?

I am not a tournament player and while I do go to events sometimes; it is never the competitive sections.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

GotR

Yup, 32mm bases are totally optional - feel free to base the new kits with the old 25mm bases. I agree with you that having Power Armour models on a mix of 25mm and 32mm just feels off - it's like having a bunch of portraits of identical size, but some have undersized frames.

Of courseeee, if you ever want to upgrade, check the link in my signature. Quick and easy base upgrade, can expand the old basing materials w/o replacing them.

While I agree the mixing of 25 and 32 mm bases might look weird, if all of them were done with a consistent basing scheme, it might be less obvious.

That said, these 32 mm bases are the bee's knees.  I'm restarting my FTs from the ground up and am trying to exclusively use the new bases, save on the 5 Death Company and 2 FW Apothecaries that I had previously done on 25 mm bases.  The added room on the base just makes everything easier and gives everything a greater presence.

I'd say mix away and take advantage of the 32 mm!  Or, barring that, save them for special characters.

They seem to fit just fine in my citadel carrying case I have one of the new BA tac squads and ten death company with the 32 mm based on them and I don't have any issues. Also when I get around to adding paint and terrain material to the bases they should look pretty nice because of the more surface area.

Archived