have completed my vow for the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX V:
1 Captain w/ bolt pistol & chainsword
1 Dreadnought w/ multi-melta & power fist with built-in storm bolter
1 Tactical Squad w/ flamer & heavy bolter
1 Tactical Squad w/ meltagun & multi-melta
1 Tactical Squad w/ plasmagun & lascannon
1 Assault Squad w/ flamer & plasma pistol
1 Devastator Squad w/ 4x heavy bolters
... from CODEX ADEPTUS ASTARTES: SPACE MARINES of total value 1050 points on August 14th, 2016 [1/618016.M03].
Success has brought eternal glory to the IRON HANDS Chapter and avoided the doom for me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_8429_12002_465748.png

Ciao,

R.

So Codex Deathwatch has been released and I await a few advanced orders.

The tough decision now is... which to choose?

'Techwatch' or B&C 'Legio' ?

med_gallery_8429_12302_93510.jpggallery_15218_535_93882.jpg

The first picture is GW's via photoshop (if only I could paint THAT well), and the second belongs to OwlandMoonGuy

Which would you do?

Depends... Which will be easier for you to paint?, and which will work with your other stuff already completed (congrats on that by the way ) perhaps painting standard deathwatch but with heaps of iron hands and other favourites as chapter shoulder pads ?...

Cheers mithril

B&C legio do it!

I hesitate because of sooo many other times I have let a cool project idea drop by the wayside. Heck, I tried a C:SM Deathwatch almost 10 years ago and it faded into oblivion. Now with the new codex, it beckons... and with the added idea it could be a decent kitbash project representing the various types of veterans of the Legio...

Depends... Which will be easier for you to paint?, and which will work with your other stuff already completed (congrats on that by the way ) perhaps painting standard deathwatch but with heaps of iron hands and other favourites as chapter shoulder pads ?...

Cheers mithril

Each has a dominant base colour: black or red? 

My proxy-Inquisitor 'Techmarines' were fun to do... even if they began with a terrible prime job due to excessive heat & humidity - my own fault for starting them late, and having no time to undo the damage I just pushed on to complete them. They really should get a bath of 'Simple Green' and be repainted anyway. I don't feel too sick about it as I still have over 300+ space marine models to play with (lots of them B@C Mk IV's). 

Theoretically, I could do some of each and see where it leads. Maybe the B&C Legio as 'Deathwatch' and 'Techmarines' as C:SM?

I posted in the Legio Bolter & Chainsword thread and hope to hear from Brother Tyler to see if DW would really fit the Legio. 

He is the definitive expert and Master Scribe on the 'Legio' afterall. 

Modelwise, it is pretty much the same build with Inquisitor pad and Chapter pads. Hmmm...

Thank you for the comments, guys. 

Ciao, 

R.

The Legio Bolter & Chainsword Project ideas...

sml_gallery_8429_12315_98213.png sml_gallery_8429_12315_47678.png
30K Horus Heresey era "Black Shields" / 40K Rogue Trader era "Field Police"
Yes, I know the B&C Legio did not exist during the heresy.

I happen to think their colour scheme & skull & crossbones heraldry fit in rather well for that time period.

Although the Legio may not have originated with them directly, or with the later 'Field Police', their images

are included here due to their similarity to the Legio's heraldry & purpose.

sml_gallery_8429_12315_60335.png sml_gallery_8429_12315_103745.png

40K Codex: Space Marine 'Legio'
These models will be the Bolter & Chainsword Legio's primary force.

Here is a link to the + LIBER ASTARTES + Legio Bolter and Chainsword forum.

Here is a link to the most recent Index Astartes for the Legio [bolter & Chainsword] by Brother Tyler.

Here is a link to use as reference for Chapter Badges for the members serving in the Legio

sml_gallery_8429_12302_93510.jpg sml_gallery_8429_12315_77393.png

40K Codex: Deathwatch 'Techwatch' or 'Legio'

Wanting to give a splash of colour to Deathwatch... since they have Techmarines in their fluff but not their codex.

Gathered from different chapters' techmarines, or as part of their induction to Mars...

Perhaps align them with the Ordo Mechanum, investigating the Adeptus Mechanicum when situations arise concerning xenos tech.

The ordo's fluff in the Codex: Inquisitor states they do ally with Ordo Xenos, so it could explain the DW similarities.

Or...

On occasion, members of the Legio have been asked to assist the Ordo Astartes of the Inquisition.

They are effectively 'field police' to other space marine chapters with a membership from many chapters.

During these assignments, the Legio's shoulder pad is often modified to include the Inquisitorial insignia.

Working this way will give me a little flexibility to build some of each as I sort through my models & bitz - as well as await my Deatchwatch orders.

Ciao,
R.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like I'm going to be locking myself in the Watch Fortress for a while...

glue... check

paint... check...

models... oh yeah, new additions have finally arrived... check...

gallery_8429_12302_917201.png

I'll pick a colour scheme later... I have to get building first...

Model List so far...

1 Watch Master

1 Watch Captain Artemis

2 Watch Captains

2 Watch Captains in Terminator armour

1 Chaplain

1 Librarian in Terminator armour

2 Veteran Dreadnoughts

2 Dreadnoughts

2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts (B@C)

11 member Kill Team Cassius

25 Deathwatch Veterans

20 Deathwatch Terminators

10 Cataphractii Terminators (B@C)

10 Vanguard Veterans

10 Deathwatch Bikers

2 Deathwatch Transport Rhinos

2 Deathwatch Transport Razorbacks

2 Drop Pods

1 Deathwatch Land Raider

1 Deathwatch Land Raider Redeemer

1 Deathwatch Land Raider Crusader

Ring me when the Omega Vault opens...

Ciao,

R.

Jesus, that's a massive haul.

Cannot wait to see where this leads.

Thanks, I can't wait either. And it looks like a perfect opportunity has arisen...

gallery_2760_1001_14867.jpg

So...uh...does she have any DW left in stock after that? I was thinking of heading down to Cottman this weekend and picking up a 5 man box and a watch master, but you probably bought the whole store out! ohmy.png

To be fair, some of those were advanced orders. Although I may have taken all of her Vets, Terms, and 3 of her 4 Blackstars boxes...

... maybe you should call ahead blush.png

I may be up there this weekend, probably to order more online,,, and pickup a box of Vanguard Vets...and some Bikers... but that's ALL...

Ciao,

R.

• 5 months later...

I have been away for nearly six months. Real Life™ has been a wild censored.gif ride.

I have survived the crash and auto-hibernation systems have finally warmed me up.

Damage report? Hah! Complete loss. Simpler to say it's time to start from scratch.

Acquisition List Five

1. Model Tools

2. Model Paints

3. Army Codex

4. Army Models

5. Realm of Battle Gaming Board

med_gallery_8429_8832_90918.jpg

Nowhere to go but up! thumbsup.gif

Ciao,

R.

Archived