Flesh Tearers Formation Question

I'm currently working on a new force which to involve a flesh tearers detachment from the BA campaign book, however I do want to take a BA character, captain Karlean to be exact, as they share books and rules I can see anything against it much like in our last dex but I want to check this before moving forwards, can anyone shed som light on this?

Cracking, chheers lads, I was a little unsure.

Last thing I want to check as I am a bit of a novice when it comes to formations, if I take an Allied detachment can I just take the formation or must I take a HQ, troop and Formation?

I would of assumed the formation on its own was valid but I just want to double check.

Basically, your army is collectively made up of any number of detachments or formations. You only need the HQ and two troops if you are taking a combined arms detachment, instead you are using the FTSF so your compulsory for that force is HQ, Troop and FA.

If you add allies to this, depending on what you are bringing you could add either any formation of your choosing as long as you adhere to its rules, like the Archangels strike force (.. I think) being 3 squads of terminators. Or you can use the allied detachment which is HQ and one troop from the rulebook.

It can be, yes. However, there is a diagram for everything!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tkglpLLURik/U-pnFpHBXtI/AAAAAAAAI_k/SjzpQ50mW9M/s1600/battleforged_BAO1.jpg

The FTSF fits into the "Faction Specific Detachment".

So to use your idea , you can have your SoB CAD and then 1+ FTSF for the Pods you need (seeing how you can get a maximum of six Pods per FTSF's FA slots outside of using Forgeworld). As for Karlaen, he can go into any Faction: BA force but he would need to be your Warlord to use his buff. If you wanted your Warlord to stay as a SoB unit, then I would suggest either a Comms Relay (Stormhold Assault) or a Damocles Command Tank (Imperial Armour volume two Second Edition).

For the record, no I'm not stalking you!

Archived