Blood rodeo in 7th

jeremy1391

So I've been fiddling with the blood rodeo concept from 5th edition and figuring out how to make it work. I stumbled across the flesh tearers strike force detachment and it fits perfectly for what I want to do.

Today I ran the following list against a shooty Astra militarum army.

HEADQUARTERS

Sanguinary Priest: The Angel's Wing; Valour's Edge; bolt pistol; melta bombs 111

ELITES

10 Death Company Marines: 2× power fist; jump packs 280

TROOPS

4 Scouts: 4× close combat weapon; + 1 Veteran Scout Sergeant, melta bombs 70

FAST ATTACK

9 Assault Marines: 2× meltagun; + 1 Veteran Sergeant (power weapon; combat shield; melta bombs) 225

9 Assault Marines: 2× meltagun; + 1 Veteran Sergeant (power weapon; combat shield) 220

7 Space Marine Bikers: 2× grav-gun; + 1 Biker Veteran Sergeant (power weapon; melta bombs);

+ 1 Attack Bike (multi-melta) 283

7 Space Marine Bikers: 2× grav-gun; + 1 Biker Veteran Sergeant (power weapon; melta bombs);

+ 1 Attack Bike (multi-melta) 283

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator: sponson lascannons; overcharged engines; dozer blade 130

Vindicator: overcharged engines; siege shield, legacy of glory battle of Keylek 175

LORD OF WAR

DANTE: Axe Mortalis, fusion pistol artificer armor, jump pack, iron halo, frag and krak grenades, death mask of Sanguinius: 220

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/Mobile%20Uploads/B33F9A01-96DB-4EC1-AD78-B11FD7B9F811_zpso3fsiig9.jpg

He had pask and two russes

Two wyverns , a blob, plasma vets, scions, vendetta and knight.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/Mobile%20Uploads/F0A9E1DE-F6D1-4A4A-9FF9-6F2265CD0141_zpso3epcxp5.jpg

The deployment was a hammer and anvil deployment missions were kill points and big guns never tire

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/Mobile%20Uploads/981CB192-7588-44E3-8301-784AFA939228_zpsophj2fgk.jpg

He won to deploy and go first I seized.

All my jumpers were in reserve.

Turn one everything besides my predator bombs forward, turbo boosting and flat out, and run.

He moves to start dealing with the threats presented but with night fight and jink bikes are way resilient. Turn two all jumpers arrive and spread out bikes move forward and engage. His deployment zone is filled with red. Over the next two turns I kill everything with the exception of his knight (which was reserved due to fear I'd melta it to death in one go)... When it was all said and done none of my units were completely destroyed, and I held 4 of the 5 objectives and I had killed all his units except the knight.

So in conclusion I feel that the blood rodeo of old is viable and can be brutal.

-bikes with furious charge are nasty! (When they roll a 10 or better on the charge they are really nasty!)

-Dante is a beast!

- fast vindicators are awesome!

honestly I know this is heresy when talking about BA armies, but if I had the models I think bikes aree better than ASM.  They take up the same slots and neither are troops now so why use ASM at all?  Bikes are better. 

The looks ? :) manly jump pack vs. lego bike...

honestly I know this is heresy when talking about BA armies, but if I had the models I think bikes aree better than ASM.  They take up the same slots and neither are troops now so why use ASM at all?  Bikes are better. 

Bikes are better yes, but ASM are very cheap. You've probably seen the Melta-cide squads mentioned on the boards, dirt cheap quad melta weapons in a drop pod for A++ alpha strike on vehicles.

Plus 10 man units are still relatively cheap and look much more a threat than they are, and only really need a few guys intact with a hitty sergeant to do some damage when they connect with most opponents!

Did you need the scouts? Looks like unbound, yeh?

Flesh Tearers Strike force, compulsory are one HQ, one troops (the scouts) and then one FA and you get up to 8 (maybe 6) FA!

No extra iniative on the charge but if you roll 10 or over for the charge the unit gets rage :)

Yup flesh tearers strike force.

The 10" charge for rage is not guaranteed but when it happens it's nice! Nothing like a bike squad pumping out 3 attacks a piece and sarge getting 5 on the charge! And ASM's getting 4 each.

Definitely a cool list, though I wonder if BA do bikes better/worse/even with C:SM? White Scars + Kor'Sarro seem to add more bang for the buck, and you get better native anti-air and support options (TFC). Just thinking out loud since I have 15 or so bikes on sprues from an older project and I'm wondering whether they should be white or red, if you get my drift . . . msn-wink.gif

Definitely a cool list, though I wonder if BA do bikes better/worse/even with C:SM? White Scars + Kor'Sarro seem to add more bang for the buck, and you get better native anti-air and support options (TFC). Just thinking out loud since I have 15 or so bikes on sprues from an older project and I'm wondering whether they should be white or red, if you get my drift . . . msn-wink.gif

Meet in the middle and paint them pink? :P

WS definetely do bikes better, overall. Buuuut bikes are a wonderful addition to a BA army.

Our bikes have furious charge.... And if you do the Baal detachment they have +1i on the charge... Flesh tearers detachment has furious charge and you have the chance to get rage.... Blood angel bikes can also be given fnp by our IC sang priests, who also bumps them to WS5. WS Bikes are cool and effective, ours are more focused on combat and are great to be backed by combat units blood Angels are the de facto close combat loyalist chapter after all.

And besides everyone plays white (or green/blue/yellow/black/red) scars in the competitive scene. Blood rodeo is a fun different way to play bikes.

Thanks for sharing your batrep and thoughts, brother.

I like the looks of this list and it seems to work well. I've been searching for a way to effectively deploy my beloved Sanguinary Guard, Death Company, and Assault Marines, and I think this may be the ticket. I'll follow your further exploits with interest.

Very interesting, thanks for posting results. I use something similar, but with 3 small melta assault squads in rhinos and 3x5 bikes instead of full squads.

I love jump packs, and definitely will try to take two big assault squads. Do you combat squad your units?

Archived