Land Speeder Tempest as Ravenwing Support Choice

Epher

I managed to procure a Tempest. I got a chance to field it and managed to imobilize a Predator on the first round it was fun while it lasted. So here is the question...

Ravenwing squad can take a Land Speeder from the Ravenwing Support Squadron. The Tempest is not listed there. Forge World rules state that the Tempest is a Fast Attack choice for the DA. Can I attach a Tempest to my Ravenwing Squad or do I have to use another FA slot in my FOC?

Rules lawyer in me says they take up another slot, but I think you may be able to get away with it in another squad if you ask permission from the other player.

I've not seen one fielded so I would let it through mostly out of curiosity.

I would say they are a slot of their own (although you can get a squadron of them in one slot). If you have Sammael then they may well be worth a try for the interest value if nothing else!

I thought that they would take up another slot but I figured it was worth asking.  I think I will have to field it a few more times but a part of me thinks it would make a sweet Sableclaw conversion since there are cheaper ways to get missile launchers and assault cannons on the table.  The nice thing about it is that the missile launcher is twin linked and on an anti-air mount but there is already threads on the viability of the Tempest.

You could always ask Forgeworld. For what it's worth, in the past they have responded that their Land Raider patterns can be taken as Dedicated Transports for Terminators (and BA Troops with their previous Codex) so you never know.

I'm hoping that with the eventual codex or supplement/formation etc that the support squadron is re-tooled a little, the addition of the 2 extra slots is a little underwhelming.  The LSV quite honestly should be able to be brought in a squadron, but if the tempest was a chassis that you could bring within it, I'd be all for it.  Tempest is a great concept for a landspeeder.

It takes its own slot as there is no mention of it in the Codex as being part of any other unit.

I love the models -- always have. It's about time they saw a bit more love.

Best of luck with it.

Cheers

I

Archived