khorne Daemonkin flesh hound base size

crucial

Now a CSM related question thanks to the daemonkin codex (which im rapidly coming round to after a few days worth of digesting.)

What base size do these use? Round ended biker/cavalry bases or 40mm?

Models are supplied with the whfb cavalry bases. Unit type is 'beasts' and the pictures in the new 'dex shows them on 40mm terminator bases... argh

Nice one with the fast reply dudes. You can tell us chaos players have some laid back jobs haha

Laid back...I'm on lunch from picking building orders for lorries.

Im currently unemployed lol it sucks being epileptic and having adhd :L

Sorry to hear mate. Hope you're getting the help you need.

Nice one with the fast reply dudes. You can tell us chaos players have some laid back jobs haha

Laid back...I'm on lunch from picking building orders for lorries.

Im currently unemployed lol it sucks being epileptic and having adhd :L

Sorry to hear mate. Hope you're getting the help you need.

Its fine mate i rarely have seizures anymore its just finding work im suitabe for

I have plastic  Warhounds on both bike/calvary bases (Flesh Hounds)  and 40mm round (Warhounds for Renegade Ogryn), and they look much better on the 40mm.  So much so I'm planning on going through and re-basing the ones on the calvary bases.

If they're doing Flesh Hounds on 50mm... I *might* get them if they're plastic... if not, well, I'll stick to plastic Warhounds on 40mm.  

Yeh I'm sticking with my 40mm bases for now at least. I use the original flesh hounds and they'll look tiny on 50mm. Plus until GW produce some hard and fast rules about base sizes, none of us are obliged to do anything.

They have. The rules are, you're not obliged to do anything.

Truth be told with all this bases changes I am a bit scared of assembling my Daemons of Tzeentch. Now Screamers are a given since they have the jetbike bases, so is the Burning Chariot, but I am wondering which bases will be applied to Horrors, Flamers and Heralds in the future. 

I think that the old 25mm/40mm is no longer viable. 

Truth be told with all this bases changes I am a bit scared of assembling my Daemons of Tzeentch. Now Screamers are a given since they have the jetbike bases, so is the Burning Chariot, but I am wondering which bases will be applied to Horrors, Flamers and Heralds in the future.

I think that the old 25mm/40mm is no longer viable.

Bad isnt it?

Rules shouldnt get in the way of your modelling hobby tho so i would just essemble and enjoy if i were you pal.

I got mine on rectangular cavalry bases, because that is what they were on on the GW page when I assembled them.

They would probably look better on round bases, but re-basing 20 models with metal slots and all that just feels like too much of a hassle.

Archived