killa kan With big shoota

Deff koptas with rokkits

Tankbusters

boss nob

Kommandos

boss nob with claw

Considering what you say you have available, I'd go with:

HQ

Captain+artificer armor+veritas vitae+twin lightning claws (that's a place for your VV guy)+Auspex. 160pts

Sanguinary Priest+power weapon of your choice. This unit is a must in my lists. 75pts

ELITES

Make the VV into a 10 man unit of DC with 2 power fists. 250pts

TROOPS

10xTacticals with heavy flamer+flamer+hand flamer with power fist on the Veteran Sergeant. 200pts

5xScouts with 4bolters and shotgun as in your list. 55pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Storm raven with hurricane bolters+twin linked assault cannon+twin linked multimelta. 230pts

That's a total of 780pts. You still have room for 220 more pts to do with as you please. You can either add

A full devastator squad preferably with heavy bolters for more dakka, or another tactical squad, or even a full assault squad with veteran sergeant, flamer,melta and a power fist.

It's your choice! :)

EDIT: As for to CAD or not, I'd go with cad on an objectives game. Kill points or MEQ opponent, screams for the BSF.

HQ

Captain+artificer armor+veritas vitae+twin lightning claws (that's a place for your VV guy)+Auspex. 160pts

Sanguinary Priest+power weapon of your choice. This unit is a must in my lists. 75pts

ELITES

TROOPS

10xTacticals with heavy flamer+flamer+hand flamer with power fist on the Veteran Sergeant. 200pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Storm raven with hurricane bolters+twin linked assault cannon+twin linked multimelta. 230pts

That's a total of 780pts. You still have room for 220 more pts to do with as you please. You can either add

A full devastator squad preferably with heavy bolters for more dakka, or another tactical squad, or even a full assault squad with veteran sergeant, flamer,melta and a power fist.

EDIT: As for to CAD or not, I'd go with cad on an objectives game. Kill points or MEQ opponent, screams for the BSF.

Why the power fist?

1. If it does not shoot or flame, don't bring it. I'd consider dropping the raven completely because it does not shoot enough for a game vs orks for the price (but close) and it would have to start in reserves (losing turn 1 value).

2. If you can, get the opponent to setup first and have them go first. You need to counter-deploy. In the best case he spreads across his zone, you go for the weaker (less shooty) flank so you can concentrate your mass there and give yourself more time to cause damage.

3. Deploy forward so on turn 1 you can maximize shooting, turn 2 move back or forward in response to turn 1. Turn 3 start getting back on mission. Turn 4, you are tabled or winning...when in doubt, always go for the win...biggrin.png

4. For lower point value games, a podded flamer squad is better than a StormRaven - you can slam it down where you want in his backfield and create flaming carnage he has to respond to. furious.gif

5. Your actions have to be modified to the Maelstrom Mission. For example, if you are gaining more cards each turn, it is important to kill off his units earlier in the game to create an advantage. If its the mission (#4?) where you get fewer cards each turn, it may be more important to grab points early. It all depends on the risk that your ork opponent provides. cool.png

HQ

ELITES

TROOPS

HEAVY SUPPORT

Why the power fist?

For 2 reasons:

1) If you get in a challenge with a nob, you can guarantee an instant kill, even though that could possibly mean the sarge dies also. This is also a threat to HQ units as well.

2) You have something handy to take care of vehicles in close combat. Easilly...

In one of my previous games, a lone DC member with a fist, destroyed 2 Eldar Wave Serpents. All by himself.

New list

Captain

Artificer armour

lighting claw ×2

Librarian

lvL 2

grav pistol

jump pack

TROOPS

Tactical squad

10 men

flamer

heavy flamer

Scout squad

5 men

bolters

1 sHot gun

melta bombs

ELITES

Death company

10 men

2 power fist

2 hand flamers

4 bolters 2 separate and 2 on the guys with fists

Jump packs

heavy support

storm raven

TLAC

TLMM

HB

EXTRA ARMOUR

Librarian with DC to cast quickening

captain and tacticals ride in raven so when it comes on it will hover then they can get out and flame some orks :-)

New list DC now have jump packs

Librarians cannot cast quickening to DC if t.hat's your intention.

Also why give a grav pistol to the librarian?

It's not useful against t-shirt armor.

Other then that how is it?

PS Might t proxy grav gun to plasma pistol

Other than that, I think it's fine, though I wouldn't give shooting weapons to the Librarian as they generally won't worth it, and these are points best spent elsewhere. My playstyle is a bit different though, for example I run a jump packed librarian ML2 with gallian stuff, and that's it. 

He surelly is a great complement to DC with his psychic powers, like extra rage, 5+ inv save etc. You'll have to keep in mind though that DC itself is a meat grinder even without weapon upgrades, so an IC can make them extremely devastating to the point they stay out in the open in the enemy's turn. You can remedy that either by lowering the model count or split them up. Either run 10 with 2 fists, or 2 5man squads with one each.

BTW can you add jump packs to the DC? For an extra 3 pts per model, it is quite a bargain.

Then as a final tip on my part, I would suggest you find some apothecary spare parts and convert a priest. You'll find him really useful in future games.

I was going to buy a BA tactical squad instead should I get a command group for a priest and spare parts/models

You could still buy the tactical squad and ask for apothecary bits from a friend from your local gaming group maybe...?

That's how I got terminator apothecary parts for my (now obsolete cry.gif ) Sanguinary priest in TDA.

Against orks I have 3 constant answers. 1

1. Furioso dread with frag and heavy flamer. Preferably in a pod. One of these once killed a battlewagon, a total of 9 Boys and stund a trukk on turn 1.

2. Baal pred with ass cannon and heavy bolters. 2 of these Will wreck any ork players day, due to the amount of fire and rending possibility.

3. Dc marines. Just bcz

Archived