blood angels librarian dreadnought

Emprah2508

Oh right, he can be but he's stuck with BA traits.   

The BA traits are great for the LIb dread since they boost his beat-stick abilities.  (with a few exceptions)

The Lib dread is awesome and daemon summoning is a great tool to have. Don't go for the khornate ones though, daemonettes (or plague bearers if you need 'touch of rust') are by far the best bang for your buck/warpcharge. 

Oh right, he can be but he's stuck with BA traits.

The BA traits are great for the LIb dread since they boost his beat-stick abilities. (with a few exceptions)

The Lib dread is awesome and daemon summoning is a great tool to have. Don't go for the khornate ones though, daemonettes (or plague bearers if you need 'touch of rust') are by far the best bang for your buck/warpcharge.

...When you remember you have a squad of Plague Bearer's in the loft that haven't seen the light of day for a long time biggrin.png

Has the question of how many attacks the libby dread gets with his Halberd been answered? 

A two-attack dread with quickening is still only averaging 4 attacks, very.....meh. 

The trick is though it has force, meaning only one has to get through to ID that nasty Monstrous creature ;)

He has force....IF he gets off his power. Relying on a level 1 psyker successfully casting both force and quickening is very sketchy, especially with denials. And if you're casting those two powers, you're likely not able to cast your other power.

And force doesn't help against Imperial Knights or Land Raiders.

He has force....IF he gets off his power. Relying on a level 1 psyker successfully casting both force and quickening is very sketchy, especially with denials. And if you're casting those two powers, you're likely not able to cast your other power.

And force doesn't help against Imperial Knights or Land Raiders.

Never run him as a lvl 1, not worth it. 

He's wasted against knights and super heavies. Use him against things he'll gib, preferably targets that he can ID with only S10 as quickening is usually your top priority. Centurions, wraithknights, anything tyranid, nob bikers, thunder wolves etc..... all worthwhile targets. 

Remember that you have a good chance of getting passive bonus buffs like more attacks or master crafted from the warlord trait.

Generally speaking I've fared pretty alright using dreadnoughts in general versus most monstrous creatures, usually because they have to smash to guarantee breaking it's armor. I've had moderate success using a Furioso Dreadnought, and would assume that the Librarian would do better. 

Unless I'm missing something the Daemon Prince is down to 1 attack, if it wants to damage the dreadnought (S6 cannot damage AV 13) and the Librarian can use all its S10 attack to ID the prince, if it manages to cast Force.

My feeling exactly.  It's a cool concept, but that only makes an expensive model that's difficult to hide (and shouldn't be hidden) an even bigger target.  Also, restricting to one traits tree makes me sad.

Unless I'm missing something the Daemon Prince is down to 1 attack, if it wants to damage the dreadnought (S6 cannot damage AV 13) and the Librarian can use all its S10 attack to ID the prince, if it manages to cast Force.

Daemon Princes are T5, so the Libby Dread's S10 already causes Instant Death without having to rely on Force.

Edit: quoted the wrong post.

Archived