Left-handed combi-melta..?

LutherMax

The FW combi weapons have no hand attached, so you could replace the pistol on a left arm and do it that way or use any regular combi-melta you have/can get hold of and simply remove the existing hand and transfer it onto a left one, AFAIK there is no left handed combi-melta in the existing range.

Thanks sockwithaticket, I thought that might be the case. I wanted to avoid chopping because I have to get a 2mm magnet into the hand at the wrist – so a complete moulded piece with the hand included would be best. I'll see what I can do...

Ditto the FW combis.  I've magnetized a few of them in the last week and their ambidextrous nature is nice.

That said, I've also been magnetizing a combi from the BA kit for the left hand by cutting off the hand portion and gluing the bare right gun hand that comes in the FW despoiler/assault kits.  It worked fine to go into the wrist.  I put the combi weapon magnet about a quarter inch back from the muzzle end.

Finally, I magnetized on of the FW terminator combi weapons (where the body is basically a storm bolter and the combi weapon attaches to the side).  Those are very, very squingy because the combi is so thin, but it got it to work neatly.  I had to cut the Terminator hand off the gun, if I recall, because it was way too meaty, and replaced it with one of the aforementioned despoiler hands.

With a goodly amount of planning and some neat drilling (pilot holes!!), you can make all 3 ways work.  I've been very pleased with the results.

I made mine with a bolter, inferno pistol and a storm bolter magazine. Fairly quick and simple, cost me nowt because I have loads of them spare parts knocking about. I chopped the barrel off the bolter, put the infero barrel in its place and re-attached the bolter barrel underneath. Obviously you could put the tank on the other side if holding it with two hands.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/36d5cbc8-3dc0-455d-877a-c9b4a69a689f.jpg

EDIT - I chopped the storm bolter magazine in two and greenstuffed the back

EDIT 2 - The poses aren't great on these guys because they are magnetized and were originally melee Sgts fro back when they were good ;)

Ah, just get it done! I find if you use a pistol hand, glue it to said combi-weapon and just magnetize it at the wrist. Loads of mine have hand/weapon swaps and there is enough room to pin the weapon on and then flush a 2x1mm magnet in, or even a stronger 3x1mm if you don't mind a bit of greenstuff for the 'soft' armour.

I use staples for my pins btw :)

Archived