Balestar + Dual Forgefiends = crazy?

Prot

Call me crazy, but I had this thought to try to increase my Crimson Slaughter effectiveness.

Now since I always run my stuff for tests, and then find out in practice they were better than I thought, or perhaps way worse than I thought, I'm thinking -someone- else MUST have tried this...Am I right?

So the core of the 1850 shooty section was:

- Crimson Slaughter (as usual) Sorc w/Balestar, Divination, WL3, 4++ in a squad of...

- 10 Cultists, behind a...

- Aegis Line with Twin linked Quad (gives the cultists something to do)

- Along side, if playing an assault opponent or deepstriking if I play a shooty opponent) 2-3 Obliterators w/MoN

- In front of the Aegis 2 x Dakka Forgefiends (Vanilla)

The Sorc buffs whomever needs it most.... the FF's or the Oblits. The Sorc is hidden in the Cultists who are firing at skimmers or flyers.

Sprinkle in one or two Baledrakes for good measure. Do two assault units in rhino's to cover objectives (Draznicht chosen + Possessed in Rhino's. Perhaps Dstriking Termicide and/or Raptors)

Anyone try this? What do you think? Loony bin time for me?

Actually sounds like something fun to play. Not sure about it's effectiveness. i think that counter assault elements could use a bit of survivability, which neither chosen or bare bones possessed have. 

Either way, definetly looks like something worth a try :)

I've played a similar list in the past, and the Forgefiends really shine with Prescience. Activate Daemonforge after getting (hopefully) a lot of hits and you can quite easily glance something to death.

Archived