Thunder Barons - Who Are They?

Kol Saresk

So I've been hearing about it for a while, like three months or so, but there's this "rumor" that the Thunder Barons have a treasure trove of background. And the fluff-addict in me really wants to know what it is. But I can't find references to it anywhere.

So far, the only personal sources I have are Soul Drinkers by Ben Counter, Daemonworld by Ben Count and the Lost and the Damned Space Marines battle novel.

The first two sources simply say they are madmen Renegades who operate in the Maelstrom while the battle novel says that some of their number was involved with the Cholercaust Crusade.

And the various wikis and other information websites seem to agree that's it.

Can someone point me to the source(s) they are missing?

I've seen the name before on Lexicanum but never been able to find anything on them, I think they're just one of those random name generator chapters/warbands GW pumps out to fill out fluff segments without constantly using the big names.

Personally I'd love to see them given some lore love, if only for the sweet title. For some reason I think they'd look good in yellow with black trim...

Nearly as cool as the Fire Barons of Brutal Legend.

Haha, I don't think that's really a fair comparison Slayer, I mean one is a Warband of insane trans-human super soldiers with chainsaw-swords and full-auto rocket launchers and the other is a nomadic gang of harley-riding pyromaniac bikers led by Rob Halford of Judas Priest.

The Thunder Barons never had a chance. ;) \m/

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2733921/brutal-legend-head-bangers-o.gif

Archived