Early June Rumors

FarFromSam

Is this news or known?  More importantly, does anyone have more information they'd like to share?

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/04/games-workshop-q2-3-schedule.html

If you don't want to follow the link, it's a line up of rumored releases from their "rumor monger."   It has a DA v CSM box set release for early June, and Marines for August.

This is the Rock and as far as I can tell the issue is not raised here.

Please note that farfromsam is a long time member and knows very well his way around the forum. Do not assume that the only place to discuss news is the news forum. If it's news about the DAs it can be discussed here.

Personally I look forward for a new DA boxed set, although I'm not sure what it'll contain that'll be different to DV. We'll see...

I'm interested in any new product and content for Dark Angels, despite having at least 2500 points accumulated so far.

It's basically going to be occupying most of my painting time through the summer, and if the opponent is CSM it will fit nicley as my friend plays Crimson Slaughter (and my army does best against CSM from what I can tell).

Hopefully we'll get more concrete info over the next few months.

Maybe a generic Master in Terminator armour who's not Belial? Frankly I am not a big fan of Belial's mini... Or possibly the Master of Recruits? :o

Edit: doing DAs and Chaos combo seems like an odd choice though given the DV...

Well... i would like to believe these rumors but the idea of a DA update in 2015 seems to be not true according to the Lords or War gaming schedule that is something like that: AdMech - Eldar- Tzeentch - SM - Tau...

Eldar vs CSM/Tzeentch and Tau VS SM (RG) should be the campaign sets for 2015...

Steve the Warboss is not reliable... Dont read his rumors...

That is interesting, if they give DA and RG some love, the 2 armies I'm collecting, I'll be over the moon :D

I'll refrain from purchasing too many models (especially specialty units from Codex: DA) until more is known :p

That is interesting, if they give DA and RG some love, the 2 armies I'm collecting, I'll be over the moon biggrin.png

I'll refrain from purchasing too many models (especially specialty units from Codex: DA) until more is known tongue.png

Don't put hopes into DA... RG i can see an update with the codex SM but codex DA is highly unlikely in 2015...

As I see it, it's win-win.

If we get a new Codex this year, there are surely retail releases to follow.

If we don't, we continue to get to use Bikes or Terminators as Troops choices with our named HQs. cool.png

As I see it, it's win-win.

If we get a new Codex this year, there are surely retail releases to follow.

If we don't, we continue to get to use Bikes or Terminators as Troops choices with our named HQs. cool.png

I can see more a "left behind" situation with CSM codex as well

As DA and CSM are both in the boxed starter set GW don't plan to put us into a campaign like they did with orks, tyr, SW, BA and in 2015 with Eldar, Tzeentch, Tau and SM

i can see us to be the last codex to be updated in the 7th edition and even if we have the advantage of FOC shifting IC we will be left behind according to FOCs with specific bonuses, Specific psichic school, specific tactical objectives...

in few months DA will become the "vanilla" codex of 40k alongside with CSM...

But CSM get some love with the addition of the 4 gods codices (according to Hastings on warseer there will be 2 demonkin Khorne and Tzeentch codices in 2015 and 2 in 2016 all of them following the release of a plastic greater deamon)...

In fact my biggest concern is that DA will become "the boring old ones that dont belong to the edition" and to be honest i still think that current DA dex is a 5th edition one poorly adapted to 6th...

This make me more sad than a subpar codex...

P.S.: faeit Still claims Eldar-DA-Tzeentch (DA in may with one week release with just codex and plastic Chaplain) as schedule but i don't believe that: http://natfka.blogspot.it/2015/04/dark-angels-inbound-redirects-found-and.html

Nice find Master Sheol! I'm leaning towards Alvsbane way of thinking though. Our dex may be one of the later ones to be updated to seventh, but compared to the length of time between it and the one that preceded it. (Ala 4++SS) It's a spring chicken. So, I'm happy poking around the rock if they faq in preferred enemy CSM demonkin :P

It would be nice if Seraphicus became available for retail sale.  I don't feel the least bit guilty for spending $25 to get mine, nor for using the helmet for a biker Chap... but I'd buy another without hesitation if they were available for less than the going eBay rates.

I don't think people should be worried about losing FOC shifting ability... Looking at what they've done with with Blood Angels, there will most likely be a detachment where you can run all deathwing or all ravenwing etc. GW knows the DA players likes running themed armies and they wouldn't just throw that out the window. Even if its a separate supplement like the Flesh Tearers in the Shield of Baal book. They got rid of Assault marine troops like people thought they would but they give the option to run that detachment which you can spam fast attack slots and you get formation bonus on top of that. I'd be more worried about this new Decurion detachment theme we've been seeing with Necrons and Khorne... If they really are making ALL new codexes in this theme then that's a completely different story...

Was just on Natfka and he mentioned a few thinks. I would post a link or copy/paste what he said but for what ever I can't do this here on these forums. I also can't quote people either, so sorry for not posting any links. I am using Windows 8.1 explorer if it means anything. Next time I am on Mac, I will try it.

*edit* On Mac mode. Let's see if this works.

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2015/04/dark-angels-inbound-redirects-found-and.html

There is a lot going on while I was away for Easter. We are back now, and checking in on the latest rumored whispers for Warhammer 40k. These include a the latest Dark Angels redirect found on the GW Webstore, a list of the next 3 releases, and more.

Please remember that these are rumors.

via WhispererofTruth on Dakka
As to the suggestion of Azrael, I'm going to post this here. I heard a little tidbit that contradicts some information I posted earlier. 

Next 3 releases are still Eldar, DA, Tzeentch. 

I've now heard the DA Tac. Squad isn't coming with this release. (Which in no way means the release list has changed, the release dates do NOT change. If isn't coming it simply isn't coming.) 

The Chaplain I heard about is also apparently going to be released separately rather than in a box set as I thought originally. 

It was specifically titled a "Interrogator Chaplain" rather than just DA Chaplain ala the Blood Angel Libarian. 

So as far as I know the release will just be a new Chaplain and Codex. 

Release date May. 

Regarding the Rumored Eldar Codex....
I heard it was a full new dex with a spotlight on the 5 major Craftworlds and some formations to represent some of their battle tactics. Whether the Craftworlds themselves will get anymore rules than that I don't know. 

I heard new DA dex originally, but since this new tidbit I'm not 100%. I'm going to keep digging for new info.

via Bloodthirster on Dakka
I'm not entirely sure if this is right, but I think I found a working redirect for a Interrogator. 
dark-angels-interrogator-chaplain 
It changes ala the Skitarri and Eldar ones. Couldn't find one for a new codex though...

GW knows the DA players likes running themed armies and they wouldn't just throw that out the window. 

I can see why you'd think that, but it's exactly what they did to Space Wolves players.  Not only did they remove the ability to play "Loganwing" type armies, they neutered everything that made people want to run Grimnar in the first place.  

GW knows the DA players likes running themed armies and they wouldn't just throw that out the window. 

I can see why you'd think that, but it's exactly what they did to Space Wolves players.  Not only did they remove the ability to play "Loganwing" type armies, they neutered everything that made people want to run Grimnar in the first place.  

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought you could make a "loganwing" type army using the company of the great wolf detatchment in the space wolves supplement.  It's a bit messed up that they're splitting up the content across several books which should really be in one book, but the options still seem to be THERE, with some added options from formations/ decurions/ etc.

blood angels lost assault marines as troops but gained a detatchment with like 6 fast attack slots.  Sure, they have to take one troop choice, but their new tacticals are totally worth it to bring as a one-of (or cassor or squad raphael)

You can still kind of do it, but Wolf Guard are no longer Troops under Logan, who has also lost a number of his abilities supporting the theme.  Basically, even if you take that formation, there's little incentive to take him as your HQ.

If GW Will remove the FOC shifting abilities of the DA i can see a lor of scouts taking the Field just to spare pounts For the FA/elite/HS where the strongest things are... :P

However i dont hold my breath For a DA codex in may...

There is Always to deal about WHFB 9th Edition, the AdMech full codex, the rumored Eldar vs Chaos campaign...

You can still kind of do it, but Wolf Guard are no longer Troops under Logan, who has also lost a number of his abilities supporting the theme. Basically, even if you take that formation, there's little incentive to take him as your HQ.

If we can start taking DW/RW themed battleforged lists without requiring Azrael/Belial/Sammael, I'm all for it. Lots of people play successors and want their company masters to not be identical to each other. While they're at it they can let company masters take bikes! That'd be just dandy, doesn't even have to be jetbikes.

If they remove the FOC changing abilities and make a SEPARATE detachment for deathwing/ravenwing then you won't have to use troops choices at all. Look at the Blood Angel supplement and the Space Wolves supplement. Those detachments allow the army to be made entirely of elite choices for example. If they remove FOC, I 100% bet that there will be a supplement for deathwing/ravenwing which will have elite/fast attack as core choices with optional everything else. Please read those supplements for the other chapters they updated to 7th and trust me you will feel assured.

I can see why you'd think that, but it's exactly what they did to Space Wolves players. Not only did they remove the ability to play "Loganwing" type armies, they neutered everything that made people want to run Grimnar in the first place.

You can do this with the Champions of Fenris supplement. That's my whole point. Same for the blood angels. If the ability to run deathwing/ravenwing armies isn't in the codex for whatever reason, then they will make it possible some other way.

Archived