Early June Rumors

FarFromSam

If they redo Az (which I think they should as I just use the DV box set as counts as because I like it better) then I bet they pull a 'Calgar' and put him in some special armour to keep the old model valid.

Personally, I don't think they'll go that far with special characters because they are much more profit oriented than ever now. Most sets coming out will either be A) A new 'nearly mandatory' unit, or B ) a dual kit.  The closest thing the Crons got to a new character was the generic Overlord who was actually pretty good and usable by all... but they pumped the rules up BIGTIME on multi kit units like Praetorians, etc.

++++++++++++++++++++++

This is going to sound weak but the biggest thing I hope for is a big boost to Terminators, In loadout, abilities and pricing. I want them to be the galaxy wide fearsome units they were when the Emperor walked alongside them... not the cruddy cardboard that an out of work, Eldar painter can penetrate with a "shuriken".

The age of the Terminator must return!

Yeah but having Azrael in Terminator armour seems weird considering Belial...

But I could see a "Honour Guard Squad" but again its wishful thinking sad.png

As a modeller and painter only I am at a lost regarding the meta of the game... Hell the last saving throws I made with Terminator armour was on 2D6 :P

Think wider than that.... Okay, how about... In a sled! With Dogs pulling him! Nah, that sounds stupid for a sci-fi game... what the heck am I thinking?

Think wider than that.... Okay, how about... In a sled! With Dogs pulling him! Nah, that sounds stupid for a sci-fi game... what the heck am I thinking?

Report to cell 42 now.... Do not pass go and do not collect 200 Wing Wangs :)

Another thing I'm very curious about is how they handle the banners. They might be the most talked about thing in the codex...It's one of the rare armies in the game that actually builds armies around different banners. It was a concept I thought they'd go further with but nope, it's a dead issue for most other armies. So my question is, do they continue to make banners of ancient design a building pillar/force multiplier or will they die?

++++++++++++++++

Sorry about the sled comment, obviously I was out of line. ;) On a more serious note:

++++++++++++++++

About the 8th edition comment, yea I could see them bringing us up to a modern design... it would be really easy:

Just off the top of my head:

- make them take an HQ, 2 Troops, but no ObSec, instead of ObSec:

- on a failed save, roll a D6. On a 4+ the dark angel is unharmed. This can be modified, but not canceled unless hit by a D weapon...

Wait that sounds WAAAAY too powerful? What am I thinking?

the redirects mafia seems to point out that DA codex is indeed coming...

I hope the rumors are wrong... I already have a subpar codex... I don't need to spend another 30€ to get a new one... biggrin.png

That's funny, because I've been at work today contemplating what this would mean.... and after I got over the knee jerk 'happy' reaction of getting a new Codex, I instantly thought... what if it's worse? How could it be? Belial becomes a Scout Master? The Nephifail becomes a flying Rhino? Actually that would be better.... Sammael comes out with his speeder model? But he sells hotdogs out of it? I dunno what to expect honestly.

You can do this with the Champions of Fenris supplement. That's my whole point. Same for the blood angels. If the ability to run deathwing/ravenwing armies isn't in the codex for whatever reason, then they will make it possible some other way.

If this is the case, then I think I will be quitting 40K. I am not going to be nickled and dime to play an army. I already don't play, but thinking of getting back to playing instead of pairing and collecting. (ok slowly painting. :P)

If I have to buy another book to play Deathwing or Ravenwing or 2 separate books besides the codex, that is 3 books almost $200-$300 in books now to just play DA? I am done if this is the case. 

LOL, that was the argument that people made when GW first introduced supplements in 3rd Edition, then by 5th, people were screaming that there wasn't enough variety or alternate stuff to use. Now we have it again, and people are having issues with it again.

I do wish that everything wasn't an expensive hardback (actually I kinda like 'em the way they are, but I'd rather have artwork instead of images of minis), but I'd rather have a bunch of options.

Let's not go overboard... It's potentially close to $200, but likely 1/2 of less than $300.

Dark Angels will likely be the next release so we can start to dream. And before you guys ask why I'm here I actually have a small DA army :-P

I would love to see:

-Access to Grav weapons (but not Centurions)

-A new Dread with a Hood and unique equipment (dual cc weapons with plasma blasters?)

-Ability to take a 10 man Ravenwing Command Squad

-A new generic plastic HQ model

-A few tweaks to the Nephelim jet (make the bolt cannon ap3, make blackstorm missiles ap2, reduce cost to 160/170)

-New relics

-Make Azrael an Eternal Warrior and get the man a new model!

Ishagu...

Of what you wish i va predict that the only possible ones are...

Acceds to gravs (not centurions)

Azrael EW and LoW (no new model)

Some tweaks Here and there (including Nephilim)

Maybe new relics

The problem is still How they Will manage to tweak the rules? This is what still scares me considering the tradition of subpar dexes we have...

Dark Angels will likely be the next release so we can start to dream. And before you guys ask why I'm here I actually have a small DA army :-P

I would love to see:

-Access to Grav weapons (but not Centurions)

-A new Dread with a Hood and unique equipment (dual cc weapons with plasma blasters?)

-Ability to take a 10 man Ravenwing Command Squad

-A new generic plastic HQ model

-A few tweaks to the Nephelim jet (make the bolt cannon ap3, make blackstorm missiles ap2, reduce cost to 160/170)

-New relics

-Make Azrael an Eternal Warrior and get the man a new model!

All good stuff, but if dreams do actually come true, then I think this is going to be a very small release, really just a refresh.

All the chatter I've seen suggests revised codex and one new plastic hq model. I'd interpret this as some points and stats readjustment, hopefully by way of cheaper Fliers, a toughening up of the LSV, and as you say EW/LOW for Azrael. I'll go out on a limb and say I don't think they'll change the DW and RW troops mechanics this time round. Seraphicus will probably be the HQ release.

Of course, what I'd really like is a generic Chapter Commander unit entry with Bike and TDA options, and a HeHeavenfall relic blade. Then I could get on board with creating successor chapter.

Weapon profiles and starlines can easily be changed. Look at the heavy Psycannon in the gk codex...

Not seen it, but agree with your point. I think we'll end up getting the same codex just retitled Codex Adeptus Astartes: Dark Angels, with points and stats changes.

I had a thought....

What if it's not a new DA codex, but some variant that allows use of DA within some hybrid codex like Deathwatch? I just keep thinking of that pin symbol. It's essentially the Inquisition "I" over the DA Tactical marking.

Then there was all that talk of GW having trouble enforcing their idea on protecting the Intellectual Property on 'Space Marine' and models because it is too generic.

So what if this comes together as simply a model revamp for tacticals and a new way to use them (within the Deathwatch)?

I know that would suck.... but I'm just looking at what we have to go on: Tactical redesigns, the promo Pin design, and GW's call out at approximately Christmas for Deathwatch writing submissions.

I just keep thinking of that pin symbol. It's essentially the Inquisition "I" over the DA Tactical marking.

No, it's not the Inquisition I (which has the three bars across the middle). It's a Roman numeral "1", as in, First Legion, superimposed over a Dark Angels tactical marking. I think people are searching too hard to see a hidden meaning in what's actually a pretty straightforward symbol.

That's not to say that the rest may not all be true. I don't want to seem like I'm dismissing the validity of your predictions. The most important thing we can take from this is:

"Where can I get my hands on one of those censored.gif pins?!?" smile.png

[uPDATE: My order came in today - no extra goodies, just $70 of Cyberwolves. I did not get the pin. :( ]

I just keep thinking of that pin symbol. It's essentially the Inquisition "I" over the DA Tactical marking.

No, it's not the Inquisition I (which has the three bars across the middle). It's a Roman numeral "1", as in, First Legion, superimposed over a Dark Angels tactical marking. I think people are searching too hard to see a hidden meaning in what's actually a pretty straightforward symbol.

That's not to say that the rest may not all be true. I don't want to seem like I'm dismissing the validity of your predictions. The most important thing we can take from this is:

"Where can I get my hands on one of those :cuss pins?!?" smile.png

Ah okay. That's cool and makes sense.

The pin is a promo given out by the online stores to customers.

Archived