Early June Rumors

FarFromSam

Agreed.  He's a Chapter Master, and he seems to be one of the few who do not use TDA.  The exceptions are those who prefer mobility, like Khan or Dante - but honestly, with Artificer Armor and an Iron Halo or equivalent, who needs Terminator Armor?  What's the benefit, compared to the drawbacks?

Ulfgrim Alvsbane, on 08 Apr 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Agreed.  He's a Chapter Master, and he seems to be one of the few who do not use TDA.  ?

Um...  Nope...

Termie armor:

Calgar

Logan

Drago

Not termie armor:

Azrael

Dante

Vulcan He'shen

Khan

Helbrecht

Shrike  only a captain..

Kantor

So that is 7 5 in Powered/Articifer and 3 in termie armor.  Please also note that Calgar is still on the website in Powered armor too.

Only thing Azzy needs is EW.

Guys I was just joking about Azrael, dog sleds, and Reanimation Protocols... maybe not.(Still want Reanimation Protocols -srs)

Honestly what I would do within reason:

- Nephilim gets the business. Avenger is going to be AP3 a shoot more, more range, more power.... Hover mode too.

- Character Upgrades of the 3 major dudes. (Eternal War, more than the hotdog man will get AP2 swords)

- Interrogator Chaplains - Boost to rules.

- Deathwing Knights. Existing rules, add 1 to strength with Rending as well. 2 Wounds a piece.

- Plasma Speeder: Can fire either mode after Jink. AV11, 3 HP

- Tacticals *NEW* Armour! The first had access to many things. This special armour protects intellectual property and allows suing of chapter house on a 2+ Also allows unique FnP access!

Just a taste of Prot's new 'Rum n' Coke' fueled edition of Dark Angels for 7th edition!... You're welcome!

So that is 7 5 in Powered/Articifer and 3 in termie armor.  Please also note that Calgar is still on the website in Powered armor too.

Again, those Chapter Masters that don't fight in TDA tend to do so in Artificer Armor.  It makes sense why Khan or Dante don't use TDA.  As for Calgar, he has the option for either.  and again, what's the real difference between TDA and Artificer Armor with an Iron Halo?  It comes down to whether you prefer Relentless and Deep Strike at the cost of Sweeping Advance and a better invulnerable save.  

Personally, I'd love to have the option for either, but I don't see any situations where I'd want to Deep Strike with Azrael, or when I'd otherwise want to delpoy him in TDA.  If it truly made a unit harder to kill, then sure - but as the rules currently stand, it doesn't.

Korsarro Khan is 3rd Company Captain.

Jubal Khan, however, is Chapter Master  (Khan being a title).  He also fights in powered armor, for fairly obvious reasons.  I can imagine there aren't many Terminators in the White Scars (and if I recall correctly, it used to be that they couldn't even use them at all in older editions of the SM Codex).

The only potential disappointment we might face would be to no longer have the option of taking Raven and Deathwing as troops...

I expect the unit entries themselves to remain the same or get better...

FOC alteration was a 5/6 Edition thing...

We will lose this and if we won't get a decent counterpart the codex will be worse than the one we have now...

Knowing GW and DA since 1994 i dont believe we will get a counterpart for losing RW and DW as troops...

The only potential disappointment we might face would be to no longer have the option of taking Raven and Deathwing as troops...

I expect the unit entries themselves to remain the same or get better...

Ah you're new to this area aren't you? ;)

This is -the- discussion of 7th edition. Everytime wishlisting happens, this debate happens.... Now, at a moment's notice, I anticipate someone is going to come along and say...

FOC alteration was a 5/6 Edition thing...

We will lose this and if we won't get a decent counterpart the codex will be worse than the one we have now...

Knowing GW and DA since 1994 i dont believe we will get a counterpart for losing RW and DW as troops...

D'oh. Here we go!1!!!11!

I'm just going to say (for the billionth time) I see no reason why including Hotdog stand, or B-man, or Az won't result in respective units becoming ObSec. Again, think of Pedro. All we're probably really looking for as we move into detachment/formation land is ObSec, and really, unless we see ObSec from these characters, there will be VERY little reason to ever use them unless they get AMAZING buffs.

Here's the deal, we don't even know if there is going to be a DA Codex, so there no use to wait for the sky to fall and waste bytes saying Codex will be like this or lose that or gain something. It's too early. just chill, enjoy what you have, paint stuff, read HH books, do some games and before you know it you'll have a new book. Then we can start worrying.

I agree Lucifer and you know I play a lot.... but it's hard not to get giddy at the prospect. The truth is, perhaps the most enticing thing about this rumour is the idea of getting a Codex when:

1. We are in the heat of 'formation' based codexes. (Totally missed that boat, like Chaos)

2. We would not be a 'first of an edition' or 'the end of an edition'. Both ends can really suck...

3. There's already a plethora of great models in the line which historically means -not- a new 'must have' unit to compensate for mediocre rules, but instead some strong writing on existing units (IE crons had only one new model).

I think we can agree on those 3 things,... maybe?

"Hotdog stand" what or who is this exactly?

Cheers

I

Sorry... I reference Sammael on the bike as the "Hotdog" stand.... Where I live it looks a LOT like what our downtown street food vendors use to sell hotdogs out of. (Even has a giant ketchup dispenser under it).

I've always hated the model. I'm on year 3(?) of trying to paint it.... I just really hate that model. Granted our Hotdog stands don't have 'skilled rider' but if you can stomach the meat, it will give you 'Eternal Warrior'... if you make it to the bathroom in time.

I agree Lucifer and you know I play a lot.... but it's hard not to get giddy at the prospect. The truth is, perhaps the most enticing thing about this rumour is the idea of getting a Codex when:

1. We are in the heat of 'formation' based codexes. (Totally missed that boat, like Chaos)

2. We would not be a 'first of an edition' or 'the end of an edition'. Both ends can really suck...

3. There's already a plethora of great models in the line which historically means -not- a new 'must have' unit to compensate for mediocre rules, but instead some strong writing on existing units (IE crons had only one new model).

I think we can agree on those 3 things,... maybe?

But you forget that the schedule more than two weeks out is murky as heck...  It very well could be:

June: Dark Angels

August: 40k Eighth

October: C:SM "the stuff we forgot to give C:DA"    "Part III"

I tend to not get overly excited about it like Luci councils.  What we have isnt bad, live in the moment and be happy.

... if you make it to the bathroom in time.

Wouldnt that give you FnP from mark of Nurgle?  Stream of corruption... something like that?...

Possibly a bit blasphemous, but I'm really happy with the codex.  Only thing I would like to see is generic Chapter Master, and Honor guard with banner option.  Oooo maybe SS option for Sgts for modeling purposes.  So going into this I'm a little nervous about what is to come.  I don't want to say they can't make it worse, but... I mean unless the really try to dismantle fluff, it couldn't be too bad... Right? 

There are plenty of small tweaks they could make across the dex, and more artwork might be included as well.   I'm looking forward to whatever (small) model release we get. And In the middle of ETL as well! 

I like hearing about everyone's one worst fear.  Mine would be loss of unique banners.  SO. MANY. WASTED. HOURS.

While I would mourn the loss of the interesting rules banners bring, I really don't like the fluff side of bringing these sacred items to a war zone. They should be tucked up in the Rock until ceremonial reasons require them out, war is not a ceremony.

I don't think any rumoured new dex will bring major changes to many individual units if any at all: ala Daemonkin. I think we will get detachments and formations that require us to buy and include the crappier units as tax for using the better ones or for getting the Decurion style benefits.

I do hope to be surprised though.

For the sake of fluff, I would like to see two wound veteran sergeants. To show how many physicaly able and strong leaders are never indoctrinated into the deeper levels of knowledge.

Archived