Early June Rumors

FarFromSam

While I fantasize as much as anyone about all the amazing "what if" possibilities, I think in reality our codex largely suffers from just mispricing all around. Our intended "wing" motifs which are supposed to make us distinctive, are almost impossible to put on the table after you factor in the cost of special character, command squad, and banner. Even our lackluster units and relics would be potentially viable with only downward price adjustments. The Nephilim may suck at 180 but would you take it at 145?

My crystal ball gazing tells me we will predominantly get price decreases across the board, have Ravenwing and Deathwing become formations, and see our special characters adjusted downward to reflect their actual combat capabilities and not their FOC swapping.

That said, if they wanted to toss in Mortis dreads, make the PFG work from within a vehicle, and apply the dakka banner to stormbolters, well... :)

I agree with you Magnus, although I think you forgot something we will receive: grav-guns.

I mean, the BA received them, not the SW but they have all their hellfrost stuffs.

something I think would be "fluffwise" is a special rule for all the plasma guns we have. I mean, why not re-roll any 1s "gets hot"? I know I am dreaming, but I am an optimist. ;)

I agree with you Magnus, although I think you forgot something we will receive: grav-guns.

I mean, the BA received them, not the SW but they have all their hellfrost stuffs.

something I think would be "fluffwise" is a special rule for all the plasma guns we have. I mean, why not re-roll any 1s "gets hot"? I know I am dreaming, but I am an optimist. ;)

I'm against the re roll of plasma because I'm tired of the "all plasma business" GW has engaged the DA in... If you want to give them a ancient feeling then give them autocannon in tactical and deva as well as grav guns. The only thing that needs plasma stats is actually missing it : the nephilim missiles.

The fact that the latest rumours state that we won't finally receive any tactical squad like the BA did, is actually a good new relating to grav weaponry because it means GW will HAVE TO give us grav guns as they are in the vanilla tactical box... The only doubt I have is wether they'll think of give them to RW as it's the only way to make grav guns actually usefull...

something I think would be "fluffwise" is a special rule for all the plasma guns we have. I mean, why not re-roll any 1s "gets hot"? I know I am dreaming, but I am an optimist. msn-wink.gif

I'm against the re roll of plasma because I'm tired of the "all plasma business" GW has engaged the DA in... If you want to give them a ancient feeling then give them autocannon in tactical and deva as well as grav guns. The only thing that needs plasma stats is actually missing it : the nephilim missiles.

The fact that the latest rumours state that we won't finally receive any tactical squad like the BA did, is actually a good new relating to grav weaponry because it means GW will HAVE TO give us grav guns as they are in the vanilla tactical box... The only doubt I have is wether they'll think of give them to RW as it's the only way to make grav guns actually usefull...

Master Avoghai, stop following me! hehehe.

I know, and I kind of share your feelings about all the plasma stuff. nevertheless, I feel GW should have emphasize on this dark angels love for plasma guns.

for the RW, I hope you're right, nevertheless we have the plasma (again) talon for the knights... so the possibility of having grav-guns on bikes is low.

We can't be worried. I am 100% certain the next codex will be more competitive...

Well that was said for our sixth edition codex as well. tongue.png

It was more competitive. It was far more competitive than that travesty that Jervis wrote simply because the points disparity wasnt as extreme...

something I think would be "fluffwise" is a special rule for all the plasma guns we have. I mean, why not re-roll any 1s "gets hot"? I know I am dreaming, but I am an optimist. msn-wink.gif

I don't know about Grav-guns. Fluff wise it makes perfect sense, being the 1st. Being the ones that were often subject to new tech, and ideas. However, codex wise I have to wonder if it will make it in because: 1- the weapon works best on Centurions which won't make it in. 2- the weapons works 'decent' on bikes, which would really put Black Knights in a strange spot to me.

It's "sold out" not "not available". Remember with GW cut backs, their production is not so much as well they cut back production as well, so don't make as much anymore.  This doesn't prove anything because a lot of product is "sold out" and those armies never got a new codex. So being "sold out" doesn't mean a new codex is coming. I believe this kit was being sold when Dark Angles got a new codex. 

Now if it said "Not Available" then it could mean GW is not making it no more, or a new kit will come and replace it. 

Time will tell. 

It's "sold out" not "not available". Remember with GW cut backs, their production is not so much as well they cut back production as well, so don't make as much anymore.  This doesn't prove anything because a lot of product is "sold out" and those armies never got a new codex. So being "sold out" doesn't mean a new codex is coming. I believe this kit was being sold when Dark Angles got a new codex. 

Now if it said "Not Available" then it could mean GW is not making it no more, or a new kit will come and replace it. 

Time will tell. 

Ita says "SOLD OUT" on the piscture and "No longer vailable" under the picture...

This means that this kit will never be printed again...

Time will tell. 

This is not entirely accurate. First off that's a generic tag "Sold Out". It's just a graphic. So what I go by is can you see the "EMAIL ME WHEN AVAILABLE" link? If so, that means the intent is to indeed restock.

Secondly, the UK site actually has this in the sidebar:

Availability: No Longer Available

What this means beyond 'it's no longer available' is up for conjecture. I think it's safe to say with the mail order pins going out, something is definitely happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a campaign or even codex.

Yep, it is No Longer Available in the UK, and it doesn't even seem to exist as an option to select on the U.S. store any more.

Also No Longer Available in France (and oddly enough, the French site still seems to have some of the Angels of Vengeance transfers available).

Upgrade Frame Availability by Location:

Australia: Still There

Belgium: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Canada: Doesn't exist as an option any more

Denmark: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Germany: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Spain: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Finland: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

France: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Ireland: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Italy: No Longer Available (also has the AoV transfers)

Japan: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Netherlands: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

New Zealand: Available

Norway: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Poland: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Rest of the EU: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Rest of the World: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

Sweden: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

UK: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

US: No longer exists as an option

Austria: No Longer Available (also has AoV transfers)

I am dying here though... I admit a part of me wants to see leaks like the Necron codex. This is entirely just my opinion but I don't think it hurts sales at all. I think it helps them. I distinctly remember (since I have a very sizable Necron force) that the most rumours were crap, and 90% of 'guru' opinion was the Necrons were getting the shaft.

The leaked pages came out, and I think it actually whipped everyone into a frenzy. Now what I didn't foresee is feeling so guilty that I can't play a Decurion any longer unless my opponent is bringing the cheese wheel. However, (off topic slightly)I did find the Mephrit and other variants to fit in perfectly. Just the Decurion is a total step up.....

Anyway, I want to see leaked pages if possible because I have nearly everything, and while I don't think any thing short of my wife finding out how much I spend on this stuff would stop me from buying it, I'd love to.... prepare. 

No longer available eh? Looks like we might get a new kit after all. Then again, there is a rumour saying that while there is a new Dark Angel kit, it will not be released anytime soon. So if a new codex comes out there still will be now kit. Weird if Dark Angels will be getting a new codex. But that is the wonder of rumours. :D

No longer available eh? Looks like we might get a new kit after all. 

It's called "Company Veterans Squad".  I wouldn't say the lack of availability of the upgrade frame means anything more than the fact that they want you to buy this box.

Obviously they're still making this kit, or else it too would be no longer available.  Since they are making the kit, they are making that sprue - they're simply no longer selling it by itself.

It's called "Company Veterans Squad".  I wouldn't say the lack of availability of the upgrade frame means anything more than the fact that they want you to buy this box.

Obviously they're still making this kit, or else it too would be no longer available.  Since they are making the kit, they are making that sprue - they're simply no longer selling it by itself.

I agree, seems like a move by GW to shoehorn you into purchasing the veteran kit, but then don't you still lose out on the Termie specific bits? I guess that doesn't matter with the newer DW Termie boxes though.

The only difference between the Upgrade Frame and the Vets box is the addition of the Tactical Squad special/heavy weapons sprue.  

The nice thing  about either of them is, for every 5 Vets, you basically get a Terminator free.  The only thing you'll really need to obtain separately is the back torso - you'll have plenty of spares of the rest in a Deathwing box.

Archived