Early June Rumors

FarFromSam

I just saw that too, the Eldar announcement.  Makes me pretty excited.  As a new player that has just been playing a few months getting a new codex to learn this early would be awesome.

I would like to see points adjustments, special Dreadnought, and DA specific psychic powers.

Gravs on bikes? What happens to plasma talons then? Would you still even bother? I probably wouldn't.

I would... What makes me play the BK is the Corvus hammer and the grenade launcher...

So don't think the BK would lose their attractability, they clearly wouldn't

Gravs on bikes? What happens to plasma talons then? Would you still even bother? I probably wouldn't.

I would... What makes me play the BK is the Corvus hammer and the grenade launcher...

So don't think the BK would lose their attractability, they clearly wouldn't

The difference is the vanilla marine can still switch to bolter mode against... nids / orks. I would rather have the talons personally as a better all around killer and twin linking for less issues with overheat is big for me as I often melt myself.

I would be surprised if they did it to the BK. I think it could happen to a generic bike squad though.

Well, I would say that it's on the right track. Releasing the Codex in May/June would make sense for a DA vs Tzeench campaign in the Summer. Probably followed by a Tzeench Daemonkin or something.

I really wonder what they are going to do with the Dark Angels codex... I've put my force on hold for the moment waiting for the moment when we have more info !

+++DON'T WAIT! KEEP PREPARING FOR ETL15.+++

There will likely be only minor changes to existing units from a modelling PoV, you might need to swap the odd special weapon arm if you like grav etc...

If we get something totally new (unlikely) then just buy it and rejoice :D

stobz

Well, I would say that it's on the right track. Releasing the Codex in May/June would make sense for a DA vs Tzeench campaign in the Summer. Probably followed by a Tzeench Daemonkin or something.

I really wonder what they are going to do with the Dark Angels codex... I've put my force on hold for the moment waiting for the moment when we have more info !

I imagine it will be a lot like what eldar players are about to get. A new box to replace an aging one alongside an HQ clampack. Rulebook with balance changes along with the formation style GW seems to be pushing.

If the DA space marine box rumor is true, I'm kind of hoping they take the opportunity to put in a unique alternative to the grav gun inside (or both if GW's feeling generousbiggrin.png).

+++DON'T WAIT! KEEP PREPARING FOR ETL15.+++

There will likely be only minor changes to existing units from a modelling PoV, you might need to swap the odd special weapon arm if you like grav etc...

If we get something totally new (unlikely) then just buy it and rejoice biggrin.png

stobz

I would agree with this however since I have like.. 90% done all I can do is speculate.... for instance, I'm thinking perhaps we get access to a Stormraven since it seems to be pretty common ground for all Astartes (even Grey Knights).

I was thinking of getting the DV expansion for DA but then I thought wow, what if there's zero change to rules for that stuff, and I just have more of the same? I don't have the Dark Talon so there's that, but I do have a Nephilim, plenty of bikers. If anything I could expand on my Deathwing Knights, but I find I don't use them... I'm a little unsure.

But the good news is I do have a ton of bikes that need doing.

I like plasma but a relic cooling system for them would be nice Geedubbs, like re-rolls to 'gets hot' if not twin-linked otherwise we will stay as the 'crisp'n'dry' angels since the changes to 'gets hot' in 7th applies to vehicles too. Master crafted power swords would be 'fluffy' too, at least for symbolism. In regards to new units, I'd prefer not to just become 'vanilla marines', instead fix the roles of the new models from the last wave rather than leaving the majority of them (except the knights) in a place of obscurity the same with alot of the wargear and some relics seemed rushed and not thought through, I love synergy but a lot of the new DA stuff didn't make sense.

Points reductions almost across the board would keep them in line with the 'streamlining' of 7th. The formations and detachments will be interesting, 7th is moving away from Obj Sec so perhaps we'll see several faction specific detachment choices for the wings? I don't know I can't see the unlocking troops choice thing staying, would love the option not to be forced to take a SC to run a wing army.  I just eagerly await tbh.

Stobz is correct but I would like to point out a wrinkle.

The new Eldar codex is priced at $58 USD, the same price as the oversized Space Marine book, hinting that it probibly has rules in it for most (all) craftworlds in it.

Both Space Marines and Dark Angels have been rumored as next...

Do I dare utter the "R" word?  It would end most of the discussion on grav and Centurions tho.

100% speculation...  all I have are dots and I drew lines...  the actual picture may be entirely different.

I was thinking of getting the DV expansion for DA but then I thought wow, what if there's zero change to rules for that stuff, and I just have more of the same? I don't have the Dark Talon so there's that, but I do have a Nephilim, plenty of bikers. If anything I could expand on my Deathwing Knights, but I find I don't use them... I'm a little unsure.

Use both planes as stormtalons, get a stormraven, use a stormwing formation. Bam, air support that's worth the points and with the new ally rules, a decent transport too.

EDIT: And if we get the raven in our next codex then that just makes it better.

we won't have the stormraven, stop dreaming guys.

We are not a close combat army like blood angels or space wolves (and they didn't get the stormraven either).

na we'll get a few adjustments in points, formations, maybe the grav-guns for tactical squads. the rules about the "gets hot" should exist fluffwise, but I doubt it. or only on a few specific units.

@Rorhammer, why do you say "7th is moving away from Obj Sec"? I mean, the mealstrom of war, which are in tournaments are won by having the obj secured... 7th gives you the possibility to play unbound armies, loosing the obj sec rules. but that's it.

Raychu, you are mistaken. Blood Angels was the first Marine varient to get the Stormraven (followed by GK then SM). Space Wolves got the Stormwolf/Stormfang, which is a Stormraven equivalent (AV12 transport with good weapon options for AA or AT duties).

We are the only marine chapter without a SR or an equivalent flier (barring Forge World). As I see it, they are going to do 1 of 3 things to remedy this, going from least to most likely:

1. Give us another unique Dark Angels flier (in what would be our second big box kit).

2. Do nothing, leaving us as the only marines without a flying transport.

3. Give us the Stormraven, as they did for SM.

Archived