Early June Rumors

FarFromSam

I doubt things will change from a modeling perspective so people shouldn't feel worried about building/painting stuff now. The only thing I might hold off on is tactical squads.... With the possibility of a new DA tactical squad kit rumours going around like what blood angels got.

I also doubt they give us access to Stormtalon/stormraven since we already got 2 flyers.... After all the complaining about the ravenwing flyers I'm sure they will reduce the points cost or something to help get them in line...

Azrael will be a LoW 100% after all the recent codex updates and they will do the same with Calgar in the SM codex etc. I think that will be the biggest change we see to be honest and it's the one I am most looking forward to.

The thought of a DA / Eldar / Tzeencth  campaign set would be perfect so I've been holding off on all purchases until we know more.

However with the manner that Eldar is being rolled out with Codex and Models  - I'm thinking maybe it'll be another DA / Chaos if we get anything.  

From what I remember don't they usually roll out the campaign first, include new rules and then follow up with releasing the reg. boxed models and codex?  

Still holding my breath for a Kadillus / Piscina 4 / Legacy of Caliban / updated Storm of Vengeance campaign. I would like to see a solid campaign against the greenskins with a dash of CSM as a side dish.  May have to come up with a like this myself and start building a 3rd company and some scouts.

The DA shoulder pads are no longer listed in the GW website here in Canada.  I wonder if we will be getting our own DA tac squad, like the Blood Angels or Space Wolfs?

Eldar rumors place their jet bikes at 17 points per model with a 10 point upgrade for each one.  With the upgrade they'll be 27 points (sounds familiar) have 4 shots each (really familiar) will have BS 4, 3+ save (really really familiar) troops (oh I know that unit) but will be AP on 6's (wait, huh?),  Range 36" (uhhhh what?!) Str 6 (WHAT?!?)

and won't need to clump around a banner (This is a joke? haha?) but it's not twin linked, and they don't have some special rules (ohhh, that balances it out.....)

Sooooo.  With the seemingly huge buff to come to Eldar Jet bikes, what could this mean for our guys in black?  Surely we'll see a major points adjustment.  The question is, how much?  I like the balanced high risk, hit and run tactics in place but hopefully (hope is the first door to cell disappointment I know) they'll find a new buff in the book, or maybe they'll give us two bike troop options.  - One with the TP homers and scout, used primarily and support.  -and one with Hit and Run made for the hunt.  It is a way to make them a lot cheaper, give GW another dual kit box to sale (which they love) and a reason to sale the newer Ravenwing squad.  My money is on that.

What do y'all see coming on the bike front, and how are we going to compete with a unit that can outshoot our bike, and Ap 2, high volume our Termis?

PS: I'm hoping I got a lot of the information on the Eldar bikes wrong.  I do my best not to learn about the foul xenos.  Correct where needed, thanks.

Considering the IP issues with GW in their lawsuit, I'd guess yes. I'd guess a fairly thorough revamp would happen as a result.... But I will say one thing, for my DA there will probably not be many 32mm bases.

I have now experimented with 32mm bases on 3 armies, and I won't be using them any further.

@Rorhammer, why do you say "7th is moving away from Obj Sec"? I mean, the mealstrom of war, which are in tournaments are won by having the obj secured... 7th gives you the possibility to play unbound armies, loosing the obj sec rules. but that's it.

I say this because most tournament winning armies are still 6th edition armies which can only use the CAD. Most 7th edition codecies/supplements either don't let you even fill the criteria for a CAD like Quins & Covens or have faction specific detachments that offer something other than Obj sec giving you a difficult choice to make. 

@Rorhammer, why do you say "7th is moving away from Obj Sec"? I mean, the mealstrom of war, which are in tournaments are won by having the obj secured... 7th gives you the possibility to play unbound armies, loosing the obj sec rules. but that's it.

It's not totally true.

Alternative FOC such as Nemesis strikeforce, Archangels strikeforce or Haemonculi coven are not unbound BUT they don't have objective secured.

And it's wrong to say objective secured allows you to win maelstrom of war. Under the last 15 games I've played, the objective secured rule allowed me to win 2 VP and none were decisive.

I say this because most tournament winning armies are still 6th edition armies which can only use the CAD. Most 7th edition codecies/supplements either don't let you even fill the criteria for a CAD like Quins & Covens or have faction specific detachments that offer something other than Obj sec giving you a difficult choice to make.

Don't mistake for the reasons why recent armies like harlies don't win. It's not because they don't have objective secured. It's because they are utterly overpriced (95 pts for 5 T3 sv5+ models? seriously?) and because the alternative FOC is too restrictive (3 compulsory Over priced troops when most of the tournament winning armies tries to minimize them except eldar serpen spam of course)

Hence I'm not too worried about not having objective secured for possible DW and RW detachment. This rule is not that useful and we'll play more and more against armies that don't have this rule either.

But the more I think about it, the more I'm wondering... DW and RW FOC are obvious... But what about specific formations? Just like 2 DW squad and one RW BK squadron with special bonus rules?

But the more I think about it, the more I'm wondering... DW and RW FOC are obvious... But what about specific formations? Just like 2 DW squad and one RW BK squadron with special bonus rules?

There will be some special formation we don't think about.

If you look back in some of the apocalypse supplements, there is a formation with 3 flyers (1 nephelim, 2 dark talons) etc etc.

I won't be suprised to see something a bit special, maybe even fluffy. your example is a nice one.

Juste something a little bit out of subject, have you see today GW "what's new?" blog about the pipelines?

there is an image which gives the possibility for a repackaging for tactical marines... look for the bases.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=4583217

You can buy 32mm bases from GW, I don't see why there is any conclusion that anything in those images is "re-packaged", and even if it is, it is very likely simply the standard tactical squad simply having 32mm bases included in the box now instead of 25mm. They don't have to "re-package" anything for that, simply swap out the bag o' bases in the boxes.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-32mm-Round-Bases

Well....Umm.... well so yeah - looks like that's the Eldar release done and dusted.

Hey I know we're supposed to be a secretive bunch and all but has anyone heard further news about a summer campaign or codex?

What's that - you want to know why I'm not wearing my bone colored robe?

Well..ahem..yeah the wife took it to the cleaners I just hadn't had a chance to pick em up yet. But seriously I pinky swear i'm like totally inner circle.

Yeah man why you looking at me like that bro?

Dude I'm so inner circle it's not even a circle anymore, yeah that circle is so tight.. it's just a dot man. Yeah man that's right I'm inner dot. So spill the beans already! tongue.png

I am expecting and hoping in a decurion style detachment...

Core could be Battle Companies (1-3) with command made by IntChap conclave, Libby conclave and Hrand Master/Azrael with added a Chapter Command Squad (a CCS with IC special rule and access to Chapter Banner)... Auxiliary could be the RW and DW companies, the reserve companies, the scout company, RWBK hunting Group, DWK strike Group, techmarine conclave and various veichles formations (LR, Predator squadron, WW squadron, vindicator squadron)...

If we get a supplement and if it includes detachments, you can be sure of only one thing: they will be designed to sell more models.  It is the only truly predictable thing in GW's business model.

New ways to use models you already have doesn't make any money for GW.

No doubt about that - but it won't be a power increase to your existing models - at least, not without buying stuff you'd never have used before.

I'm just basing this off of what they did to the Space Wolves in the latest Codex and supplement - in fact, some models that were once pivotal to army builds have been changed so as to be mostly useless (I'm looking at you, Logan...)

seems like the rumour mill has shifted to Cult Mechanicus coming next. DA will have to hold out longer it seems, if true tongue.png

This is what i was afraid of.

I don't know if my wallet can hold out any longer - it's been burning holes and all that.

I will be pretty bummed if nothing happens for us next month.  I guess I just built myself up for a current, in edition, hopefully competitive codex over a rumor.  Silly me. It can still happen and would be amazing. Seeing what they did to Eldar didnt help me not get worked up, I thought "look what they just did for an already top tier army!  Maybe were next for the buffs."  

I still consider myself a new player.  Do the more experienced players here think that we will see some considerable buffs in our book whenever it comes?

Thus far DA has a history of somewhat underwhelming codexes, decent only until the next power armor book comes out. We'll see though, GW could always surprise us, especially if they keep up the "written by committee" trend.

With all the eldar codex rage, especially over on dakka, I'm afraid GW will listen just in time to release the DA book. "See I told players didn't want super powerful books, the Dark Angels Codex will set things back on track!" 

I wouldn't mind a Codex of similar power if our fliers were more competetive and I didn't NEED Sammael to run Ravenwing. (C'mon every DA Chapter has a 2nd company of bikes and Sammael leads every single one of 'em into battle?)

More than anything though I would LOVE to have Sternguard vets, Vanguard? Yea maybe. Sternguard? They fit DA's fluff of 'holding the line' no?

Hell, they could FAQ it in:

Company Veterans

-the entire squad may take special ammo at +5/10pts per model

Banner of Devastation

-The banners effect does not affect shots by Company Veterans using special ammunition.

Archived