Early June Rumors

FarFromSam

Nevermind I take that back, as a Ravenwing player I would LOVE to see my bikes get a points adjustment.

236pts Ravenwing: 6 Bikes, 2MG, MM AtkBike, Teleport Homer

201pts White Scars: 6 Bikes, 2MG, MM AtkBike, "Skilled Rider"

243pts White Scars: 8 Bikes, 2MG, MM AtkBike, "Skilled Rider"

So for 35pts I'm getting a Teleport Homer that I never use, which could easily be taken as a Sgt's wargear, Stubborn, Scouts, and the ability to take a Landspeeder as a Troop choice.

For 35pts less than me White Scars are getting "Skilled Rider" and the option to take an additional two bikers over my own and the ability to add longevity to my AtkBike by giving it additional bodies, and if Khan is taken, Scout. (as well as your Dedicated Transports)

I dunno, am I being too salty?

More than anything Im just salty that the Eldar got a full codex update before us or CSM.  Their 6th ed book is newer than either and was not in any real sort of bad shape by comparison in needing help, and yet it gets a whole new redo with massive buffs, while the timeline for a DA update is rumoured "soon" but still nothing definative or guaranteed.  

The weird mix of anticipation, cautious optimism and skepticism towards another half-baked codex/rules/ideas is starting to wear me down.  Just let us know there is light at the end of the tunnel GW!

I kind of don't get it myself. I'm not able to understand the order of this personally.

On a side note I did need to get an 'official' Ezekeil for my Conclave and although I prefer using my Counts As (Turmeil) I think having the official model is easier on opponents for the Conclave to remember... anyway my point is I did not get a pin... (the DA one that is shown online)

And Ezekeil came in metal! I thought they converted all characters to finecast? This really sucked.... I just assumed it was not metal.

Metal is better anyway, when the sword snaps it is easier to pin and have it hold instead of the sword breaking again at the end of the pin.  

You just ordered it from the webstore?  Did it come with the banner?  I may need another...

I kind of don't get it myself. I'm not able to understand the order of this personally.

On a side note I did need to get an 'official' Ezekeil for my Conclave and although I prefer using my Counts As (Turmeil) I think having the official model is easier on opponents for the Conclave to remember... anyway my point is I did not get a pin... (the DA one that is shown online)

And Ezekeil came in metal! I thought they converted all characters to finecast? This really sucked.... I just assumed it was not metal.

You should complain/inquire to GW about that.  Maybe try to pump them for info for what is going on with DA :)

Dark Angels is probably the least played of the Space Marine armies so it has less "sales boost" potential in releasing a new codex and besides, most of the DA player base are die hard fluff bunnies that have proven to carry on regardless of what GW does/doesn't do with their rules. We are stubborn like that. :)

Metal is better anyway, when the sword snaps it is easier to pin and have it hold instead of the sword breaking again at the end of the pin.

You just ordered it from the webstore? Did it come with the banner? I may need another...

Yes, I ordered it from the webstore. My biggest beef with metal is I do take very good care of my stuff, but it seems no matter what I do.... metal edges start showing through the finishing spray, and sealants I put on it.

And yes it came with a banner. I admit for how old the sculpt is, it's nicer than I thought (I've been using Turmeil)

You should complain/inquire to GW about that. Maybe try to pump them for info for what is going on with DA smile.png

haha.. yea, I should

Well I think you put too much in conceptors' minds in term of what they intend to do. GW is not working like that.

Of course, they are recommended to make nice rules so that the minis get sold but don't forget their first mojo "the customers buy minis because they are cool, not before they have good rules". (yeaah sure... So the SM bikes wasn't sold during 3 edition and sudenly they are in v6 without changing the models but rules have no impact? <_< )

Then you have to remind the kinda paranoïd state of mind of GW when it commes to new releases : hence they cannot ask for external playtesting. They are a group of friends and colleagues playing together IN THEIR LOCAL META. It means that they have tacite rules they often use and that we do not use. For example, they play the "outside the box newbie squad" (aka devastator with 4 different heavy weapons for ex).

And since GW don't support any external events like ETC or other big games event they don't organize themselves, those conceptors don't meet other players and don't see how they play.

At the end, they vaguely playtest the game, playing like a RPG...

Hence, Codex power is partially random. Part of this randomness depends if some conceptors actually play the army (pete Haines BT and IW, Gav Thorpe eldar et etc). But you shouldn't think that they INTENDED to get the result they finally have. They live in another world of us, where there's no reason to put 3 shucannons on jetbikes squad...

We must admit that the future's DA Codex depends essentially of luck and nothing else.

Too bad no one on the design team plays DA in their local Meta or otherwise.  Too bad there isn't anyone at GW that feels nostalgic for the old days. 

Maybe they will release the rumoured Genestealer Cult army and the new DA Codex back to back.

A dare to even dream of a summer campaign - 

http://wh40k-fr.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/4/44/DeathwingLameBearp.40.jpg/240px-DeathwingLameBearp.40.jpg

Okay folks we have been gone far away from discussing rumors. The thread turned (unsurprisingly ;) ) into wishlisting, lamenting and other stuff we brooding DA do, often :P.

I will put this thread to rest because it's morale sapping. :D

As soon as new rumors hit, then we can have another rumor thread to discuss those rumors.

Cheers!

Archived