Dark Angels Stand Fast! - ETL Preparations

That might well be the difference between "a few" points, and "some" points then! I know I've got a couple of devastator squads an attack bike and a Typhoon speeder to add to the mix then, and I already thought the next few months were busy enough as it is!

Wait for the official announcement that will come in the next few days... I will answer all the questions there. In the mean time take a look in last year's ETL and you'll get a feeling as to what to expect. ;)

I think I will participate this year with a Vindicator, Nephilim (maybe Fire Raptor too), Dark Shroud LS, Tornado LS, Typhoon LS. Everything I've listed here is built and waiting for me to paint them except Fire Raptor, which is still in frames. 

Good golly me!!! I've been waiting all year for this.  Since going full-gas on my Dark Eldar army I made sure to set aside any DA models that I was intending to paint to hold until ETL 2015! First of all, everyone should do a Librarius Conclave!! I have 3 converts (already have Turmiel and Ezekiel).  Planning on painting another Azrael convert since I sold the last one, Black Knights, Vindiactors, Company Vets.  

Oh man I can't wait! I could only assume those heretics over in the warp managed to paint all of their models in the last one so all of their "super vows" should be exhausted!!.

I am working on my Libraries Conclave also.  I have a tech marine on a bike I am bashing together, along with the Ravenwing Attack Squadron box kit, and some terminators just ready for priming so I am in also.

Ugh still not sure what to do. So much Grey Knights to do, and am really enjoying them. So many 'old' Dark Angels projects. I would feel more motivated to do the DA stuff if the rules got refreshed for sure. I know that sounds like a no brainer, however most of my unpainted DA is basically that way because it is comprised mostly of non-competitive units.

If they can't be competitive, you can at least make them impressive to behold.  Do not underestimate the psychological power of having a better-looking army than your opponent.

Paint up your Dark Angels for the glory of the Lion and make your enemies tremble.

Well the good Captain has put up the teaser topic for ETL IV. I was hoping to be in a position to participate this year now that my little Sister of Battle is almost a year old. Still, my model space is her toy space and my stuff is still boxed up in storage furious.gif furious.gif furious.gif.

Might kick off ETL by painting some characters!

Got Ezekiel, Azrael, Sammael and the Terminator Captain from Strike Force Ultra that I'm going to turn into Belial with Sword of Secrets!

I was going to do Epic 40k for this, but i hear it will only count for an individual, not for my DA brethren.
So rogue trader marine army it will be!

This was going to be a 2nd ed army to play in the local club, i had no plans to make it a legal current army for 40k, but i with this comp i may just have to.

So count me in brothers! I'll get a n army happening out of these guys, it may not be a competitive army, but it will sure as hell have a theme and look to it! Now to go and look at what points things cost and unit sizes now days.... I have no idea on what a 1000pt 40k army even looks like anymore.

Wish i hadn't painted my Librarian now...... 

I'm a little bit late to the party it seems! While I won't be able to contribute as many points as last year, I'm fairly confident it could paint 4-5k worth based on what I've got sitting around. Sadly, much of it is part of my slowly developing HH army, so it'll take awhile to get them done right. I really want to have something worthy of the Lion when he arrives!

Not late at all! You got until May 1st to decide how your vow(s) will look like - so no problem there!

Personally I'm holding back on 30k DAs until they actually get released because I'm sure the range would be fantastic (not to mention details on markings, internal Legion organization, wings and of course the Lion!)

Vow for DA,

paint DA and GK,

???

profit!!

Ok so just to be sure.

If  When  I finish my first vow of  Green Marines - this means I can do a second vow including my Space Hulk Terminators - paint them as BA but count them as Deathwing?

If so I'll get them primed this weekend.

10 terminators will keep me busy for months

Vow for DA,

paint DA and GK,

???

profit!!

Ok so just to be sure.

If  When  I finish my first vow of  Green Marines - this means I can do a second vow including my Space Hulk Terminators - paint them as BA but count them as Deathwing?

If so I'll get them primed this weekend.

10 terminators will keep me busy for months

Correct. The Codex from which the unit is selected, not how they look once finished, determines where the points are allocated.

Grotsmasha got it exactly right. How you paint your minis is your own business. If you want to build a blood red Dark Angels Successor for example no one will (or wants) to stop you. What matters though is to make a wysiwyg from the Codex you wish to price your vow. And you cannot change camps after your initial commitment. If you vow for DAs then it's DAs to the bitter end! biggrin.png

Fashionistas of the Imperium and weilders of the righteous hand bags. Please tell me you have some new tortuous devices this year. The black box was quite fun last year ;)

OK. So I've sorted out parts for my 6 DW Knights, and my DW Command Squad for Belial.  I'll have to assemble them this week.  I did prime my already assembled DWK Master, RW Squadron from DV and Attack Bike.  I still have the three RW Knights from the expansion, another DV RW Squadron as well as the RW BattleForce to build and prime, a Tactical Squad, and I can prime my Sableclaw that I built for Sammael.  Then there are the 2 or 3 boxes of Company Veterans (not sure how I'll outfit those, probably as a Vet Squad and a PA Command Squad but not sure what gear to use) and a box of Sniper Scouts.  Who knows what else is lurking around that can be painted as Dark Angels.

I don't believe that I can possibly paint all of this up in three months, but I can probably accomplish 1500 points or so.  So it's possible that I can finish all the Terminators and the two RWAS squadrons.

My strategy is going to be to pledge only what I believe I can get done in half the time remaining, with incrementally smaller vows as time goes on so as not to overextend myself.  This way, even if things take twice as long as expected, I should be safe.

So would I be able to vow for two DA successor chapters?  I will probably start with my own Blades of Oblivion for the Brotherhood of Angels and once I get that done I will vow for some Guardians of the Covenant.  Different colors but same codex.  That should work, right? 

Initial Vow: 450 points

Terminators (5)

Assault Squad (5)

Bike Squad (3)

Vow 2: 890 points

Mortis Dread w/ autocannons

Deathwing Knights

Land Raider Crusader

Greenwing Command Squad

Hmmmm... seems ambitious.

Wait for the official announcement that will come in the next few days... I will answer all the questions there. In the mean time take a look in last year's ETL and you'll get a feeling as to what to expect. msn-wink.gif

Any new on the official announcement and thread yet?

Keen to get started on this...Do we really need to wait for May 1st :P

Archived