Khorne Armorcast War Machines "Count As"

arkagl

I was recently given a Cannon of Khorne and a Cauldron of Blood and the old Robot Blood Slaughterers from a old friend who just want to get rid of them.

I'm just wondering since there is no rules for them I was wondering what should I "Count As" the models for?

I was thinking the Cannon to be used as a Vindicator. The Cauldron I was either thinking of using it as a Defiler or a Predator.

As for the old Robot Blood Slaughterers. I know forgeworld makes them now and they would be way too small to count as them wouldn't they? So prob count as a Hellbrute instead with a Heavy Bolter and Power Scourge?

What's everyone else's opinion for the "Count As" of these models?

They're great models - always lovely to look at and so characterful. I think the Vindicator is a great equivalent for the Cannon, and I could equally envisage the Predator/Cauldron combo. 

I'm unsure on how large the Blood Slaugterers come up in comparison - you may want to compare directly against the model if you can to get a better understanding, or someone who owns both may be able to help more directly!

I love my Armourcast Warhound, and can't wait to paint for the ETL this year.

I'd agree with Cannon = Vindicator and Cauldron = Predator. Cauldron might be a bit small to be a Defiler, I think? I haven't seen a Forgeworld Blood Slaughterer in person, but have been told they're a littlleee bit taller than a Dreadnought, and ~2-3 the length. Your "Helbrute with Heavy Bolter and Power Scourge" idea would work well, but they might also make a good stand-in for Bloodcrushers.

Thanks guys for the advice. The metal Blood Slaughterer about 1/2" shorter than a SM dreadnought. If you're right about the FW version I think it would be like 1" or 2" bigger than the metal one. So I think I'll stick to the Helbrute.

Personaly i would go like this.

Blood cauldron= Blood throne for a Khorne herald.

Cannon of khorne =Skull cannon

Old Blood slaugtherer= either a dread or as a maulerfiend, but that would require extra conversion work by adding a second set of wheels or even threads.

Sure I'll get some photos of them, they aren't painted well, but I'm not the one who painted them. I'm going to strip them and repaint them.

Slayer - I don't use the throne at all but does the thrown have a cannon? The Cauldron has a front cannon on it. The Cannon of Khorne I can see using the Skull Cannon.

Only reason I was thinking Defiler for the Cauldron was because in the old rules they say it has power weapon blades on the front and it has a cannon that shoots out boiling blood as hot as lava.

Here's all I got from the guy and some models to compare size. Sorry if they are really huge I uploaded them to the B&C Gallery if you'd like to see them too.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/10689-new-khorne-collection/

gallery_20282_10689_995324.jpg

Cauldron of Blood with a Defiler and Skull Cannon.

gallery_20282_10689_36508.jpg

Cannon of Khorne next to a Rhino.

gallery_20282_10689_1096895.jpg

Some Epic Knight next to a Legion of the Damned model I painted.

gallery_20282_10689_159492.jpg

Angron from Epic.

gallery_20282_10689_935616.jpg

Blood Slaughterer next to a Helbrute and a Daemon Prince.

So based on the size of the Cauldron and the Defiler I think I might choose the defiler for a proxy. The cannon should still be a vindicator. And the Blood Slaughterers will be Helbrutes.

Lovely old models there!

I remember there used to be Apoc datasheet for the cauldron, the cannon and other once-epic chaos war machines (I may still have them somewhere in the depths of my PC).

A kind opponent might let you still use them.

Archived