My return to 40k and Red Scorpions army

So il start with a little intro about myself first . 

I started my journey into 40k way back in rouge trader era played all the way through the different editions witha few breaks here and there upto 5th and that's where i stopped for multiple reasons.

After watching a few games and looking at all the new goodies FW and GW have been releasing i have been having urging s to jump back into  40k again. Nothing like what i had when i stopped at 5th ed i could put down about 20,000 pts worth of marines then. 

so thats a little bit of my 40k background. I shall be using this thread to show case my WIPs and what i have kept since 5th ed.

Lots of feedback welcome good and bad and any tips :-) 

21.jpg

10.jpg

These guys look good and kinda familiar. Have they been posted anywhere else?

Yes i posted these a few years ago back in 5th Ed 

I have been working on my own version of this guy 

IMG 0386

11128015 10152774000465918 1290597107 N

i have magnetized the arms so i can swap out different options  

11131745 10152774000210918 106879920 N

i have 10 sternguard on the go also just need to pick up some drop pods when i find some cheap 

Just a little update not WIP related :-( . i had my first game in years last nite against Tau . Was an interesting game 1750 so i had a good mix of stuff 

Culln 

3 Centurions

2x10 tac squads

3 contemptors  1 of which came down in a pod 

5 man dev squad 

mission was objectives. 

As i said was an interesting game i learned that power swords are useless haha centurions with grav cannons are a beast Culln is a monster in combat .

thats all really working on some named characters today as i have a free day so im gonna get Haas finished and also get some scenery done that i have started.  

• 2 weeks later...

Landraider spartan arrived today awesome model but requires a lot of love and hot water and gentle sanding to fit together. I managed to spill hot water all over my instructions which is annoying so i now have to email FW asking for PDF of instructions which is annoying  

Look forward to the Sternguard. Thats why I no longer buy large kits from FW anymore. Right now I have so many projects going I have no room to set up any Scorpions.

Not really sure where to go with the stern guard as in load out. I have enough bits to make a 10 man unit but also i have a spare model to split them into 2 5 man units and im working on a sargent Haas redscorpions character for the sternguard.

Love that conversion of culn in mk iv armor!

Yeah im pleased with him although i havent really used him much more of a display peace. 

This Spartan tank is proving a challenge and not because it's complicated to build but because of the sanding and trimming to get it to fit but it is an awesome model

if you haven't already assembled the beast; I'm sure the community could benefit from pictures of where you needed to sand and fiddle with the model to get it to fit together.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you back Brother! You where really active when I first joined the B&C and I loved the way you where so passionate about the Red Scorpions. In my opinion the Badab war chapters are the best! Much better than all the first founding at Hours Heresy nonsense!!

Looking forward to seeing these projects pan out!

Good to see you back Brother! You where really active when I first joined the B&C and I loved the way you where so passionate about the Red Scorpions. In my opinion the Badab war chapters are the best! Much better than all the first founding at Hours Heresy nonsense!!

Looking forward to seeing these projects pan out!

Thank you brother . It is good to be back in the hobby again and bringing new life to the red scorpions I hope to try and get at least 1 squad done this week maybe :-)

Little more of an update managed to finish a tactical squad half way through sternguard and about another half dozen other units i really need to finish 1 think at a time . I have made my own Sargent Haas .comments always welcome 

IMG 0553

IMG 0552

IMG 0551

IMG 0550

IMG 0540(2)

IMG 0541

IMG 0542

IMG 0547

IMG 0549

IMG 0539(2)

IMG 0538(2)

IMG 0537(2)