Helping out a Wolf

I understand that, I'm just saying is piling on FnP on TWC really necessary?

Oh yes. You have no idea how much of a difference this makes.

*Shrugs* I'll take your word for it. To me, TWC is already hard enough to kill. Adding a Priest just means I will ignore them and focus on killing the rest of your army (until they split into different subunits).

Usually TWC are number one target priority to most things with a functioning brain. You can take Tacs running around your back field for a turn, but you can not allow TWC to gain any ground against you. I usually lose about half the unit until they do any damage to the enemy and more often than not they will be tied up with a unit that can take the abuse for a while. Being able to mitigate 30% of that damage is well worth it.

Not targeting the TWC block would be great. Given their ability to do multiple assault fairly well and the ability to split up, they can do significant damage in one turn if they arrive at full strength.

Sure, occasionally it is negligible, but I would rather have it more often than not.

When I'm faced with a TWC blob, I almost always ignore it because they take a significant amount of firepower to even dent. What I do instead is let them eat my army piece by little piece (I play MSU exclusively), forcing them to either overkill my small units or split up and become much more vulnerable to my firepower.

If what max is saying is true it might benifit you to either use your drop pod tacticals or heavy bolter devs To utilize their fire on those bait/road blocking msu units to allow your twc to get to the nice higher priority targets. Of course at this point it Would come down to personal strategy and not list building.

Although now I would like to see a batrep of maximus and immerstrum just to see how things play out =)

Archived