Centurions?

Politix

brothers, as always I am in need of your collective expertise. I have recently found a sale on eBay which netted my 3 unopened boxes of Centurions for only 45$! I was wondering how I could field them within my DA army. I want to run them as las/grav cents painted as DW. How would I go about doing this? I have none of my books with me since I am stuck at Ft Gordon for training currently. Would I need to run my entire army from the SM dex? Or could I use them within my DA army unbound to allow them? I like the models and think 9 cents as DW would be awesome looking. Any advice is always appreciated.

I dont know much about centurions since i dont play C:SM but 9 of them seems VERY costly point wise, and i dont know if this much could fit in a DW army ( maybe in a pure greenwing ? ) . 

The only thing i can tell you is there is nothing stoping you from going unbound and to field 9 Cents, but it will cost you your objective secured units from the CAD. Or you can go with a cheap barebone HQ from the C:SM codex and a 5 man scout squad along your cents to make them CAD legal. 

Also nothing is keeping you from painting your allies the same color as you DA, as long as you make it clear to your opponent who is who. 

Brother Eurieus.

Wow, that's a hell of a deal!  $45 for one box would be amazing, let alone three.  

I'm not sure how you could fit 9 Centurions as allies.  I think you should sell the extras to me. :p

Best Centurion loadout I've seen is grav/bolter for cost effectiveness

Problem with them is the have no invun and they are slow, ran a couple of doubles matches with my mate and we put them in a Deathwing Land Raider & he had Tigarius as his boss. Once deployed they became invisible with Telepathy but this was some hard core matches we were doing.

They just eat through anything if you get them in range, the Las Rocket are ok but there are other alternatives to that kind of loadout as the price is quite high.

You can magnet them quite extensivly you just can't put the cables on and there's a load of tutorials knocking around and

As an ally SM Chapter 3 with Grav/Bolter (Split Fire) + Tigarius + a Tactical squad

Back them up with a DA Librarian on a Bike with a PFG comand squad Land Raider

If you take Divination on the DA Librarian you can give them re-rolls so for smacking down aircraft the 15 re-rolled to hit & glance grav shots normally does it coz you only need 2 due to immobilized.

When we 1st tried it we didn't have the Land Raider in the list and it was a real problem as they got sniped from range 

You can use them normally if your opponents permi. This is the non.legal way.

The legal way is use them a allies. get a SM HQ, Troops and your Centurions and voila.

Or buy them and pray that DA has Centurions next go around... (I wouldn't) ;)

I have been running 3.5-5k pts games prior to this post. So the cost of points isn't that big of an issue. My usual teammate runs monster AM list very heavy on the armored side. Our main opponent runs all CSM with a damn Reaver. I am really looking to add some serious air superiority in the form of storm birds/talons and possibly Neph fighters.

Archived