Brother Bethor as a command squad model possibility

aura_enchanted

In gw's quest to kill things without models or give them models do you think they could return brother belthor as a cmd squad upgrade? It would let them cover the sacred banners being ripped off as they are fairly easy to acquire on eBay made in some guys basement. And it would be a way to refresh the standard bearer mould which has been in circulation since bloody 4th ed.

If that's the case What would you like to see him do, and would you actually pay for an official resin/plastic box set with four banners and a guy to carry them even if he was only in power armor.

I imagine him having WS5 and some sort of extra save like FNP to represent how he fights double and how stubborn he is to defend the standard to his last breath.

I don't remember good of his 2nd edition rules, but I don't remember them being anything spectacular.

I like it, as long as we keep the banners in the next Codex I'm happy.

My only worry would be as a 'special character' you would not be able to upgrade his wargear so a power field or similar would be required as stock.

DM

Pardon my ignorance but, who's Brother Bethor? huh.png

He is our Standard Bearer and the only one thats supposed to carry our Sacred Banners...

Solution to this problem give Azrael an Honour Guard.

he also is the only members of the reclusiam that is not a chaplain. He is also the chapters seamster responsible for repairing and making battle standards and for looking after other sacred cloth the chapter has.

Belthor is technically the only person who is supposed to ever carry the chapter banner or the three sacred standards buy gw has since written him out of this role

He was one of two not hq special characters we used to have and he does have an official model.

Belthor can be acquired in power armor by buying the chapter banner finecast kit there using the same mould he's had since 3rd edition.

The other non hq special we used to have was scout sgt namaan who was a sergeant during a nasty fight with an ork waaagh. He alone killed 50 orks and set up a teleport homer so the deathwing could be called in at a critical location on the field which won the day for us namaan died in that act of bravery.

He also had an official model but was removed which is a shame imo, he was armed with a chainsword, auspex and bolt pistol.

Also in dawn of war 2 there's a sniper rifle named after sgt namaan

just a little information, the model for brother bethor exists since the Angels of death codex... in other words, since 2nd edition...

but I like it, I repainted him just a little month back.

One other part if the question was how much you'd pay for a special box with him and 4 banners... If it was plastic I would certainly pay £30 for it (even though he'd only be one model) because my freehand painting is shocking, and I think it could look awesome on the table.

Aside from the special banners, you can basically make the model all in plastic with parts currently available - between the Company Veterans box and the SM Command Squad, I think everything is available to replicate it pretty much exactly.

Aside from the special banners, you can basically make the model all in plastic with parts currently available - between the Company Veterans box and the SM Command Squad, I think everything is available to replicate it pretty much exactly.

you can make a convincing copy but the og has a 2nd edition sculpted marine head with the frown of disapproval helmet breather and he wears a neck chain with the chapter crest. These are subtle differences but they exist.

Archived