How does a Landraider with Outflank work?

Sheesh Mode

Thanks to Imperial Armor 13 I can purchase Outflank and Fear for my Landraider. However, the rules do not clarify how this affects the carrying capabilities of the transport. 

Would someone please give me some clarification on this?

As in, nothing is stated that they can use a vehicle transport when it has the outflank special rule. There is a specific section of the rulebook that covers when a unit with outflank embarks in a dedicated transport and thereby gives it outflank but no specific situation exists for a transport. 

Best I can give is under Reserves:

Combined Reserve Units

During deployment, when deciding which units are kept as Reserves, you must specify if any of the Independent Characters in Reserve are joining a unit, in which case they must arrive together. Similarly, you must specify if any units in Reserve are embarked upon any Transport vehicles in Reserve, in which case they will arrive together. In either case, when making a Reserve Roll (see below) for a combined unit, roll a single dice for the unit and/or its Independent Character/Transport vehicle.

Deep Strike and Transports specifically state that any unit on a Deep Striking Transport can do so, even when its Embarked unit cannot (ala Drop Pods).  Outflank does not specifically provide for that, though.

With that quote, the logical assumption is that, in this case, because the Land Raider would be arriving from reserves via outflank, the unit contained within it would "arrive together" with the Land Raider, meaning that it would still work exactly like a unit embarked upon a Drop Pod arriving via Deep Strike, even if the unit contained within the Pod lacked the Deep Strike rule itself.

To me, that's the only interpretation that makes sense.

Archived