Road to Veteran's 2015

Morticon

Looks like a fairly flexible list to me. Not exactly heavy on anything, but there's plenty of boots on the ground, and that's never a bad thing. Between a decent amount of Tac squads and the two flyers, I imagine Maelstrom-type missions should be manageable.

I think, though, that the proof shall be, as they say, in the pudding. Not really any way to know other than playing the list.

No Drop Pod for the five man RAS?

As for VSF/CAD, I'm trying to see what the CAS has over the VSF... You know if you take the CAD and lose out by three points you'll be kicking yourself tongue.png

Defs have a pod! Sorry!

CAD =

1. Scoring drop pod,

2. scoring razorbacks,

3. reroll on the WL trait (with Veritas is veri-nice)

VSF =

1. Scoring razorbacks (if a unit is inside)

2. Wider selection of traits - with no reroll though.

3. One Troop unit (the pod guys) - will get Preferred Enemy

Drawback -> In 2 missions (where units are selected) I have no choice on which units to select- meaning my drop pod unit becomes a pizza delivery.

You could go for that codex formation that gives you obj secure and the +1 init. Although I'm sure it would make you sacrifice points since there are a few repeated units..... but what's not more fluffy than bringing an entire company to an epic battle. Don't have a dex near me so don't remember exactly what's in it

You could go for that codex formation that gives you obj secure and the +1 init. Although I'm sure it would make you sacrifice points since there are a few repeated units..... but what's not more fluffy than bringing an entire company to an epic battle. Don't have a dex near me so don't remember exactly what's in it

I thought about that - its the full company - sadly dont have enough points to run it - i tried!!! 

The Demi Company (from what i know) doesnt have the Obj Sec - otherwise iid rock that.

Also - tried to rock Dante's Avenging Host - but couldnt make it work.  Would have LOVED that one. 

The minimum is just too high :( 

Did my first play test vs DE (carnival of pain list!!!) Was really cool. When that hammer gets off, its insane.

Really like the list variability. With Legacies though, I'm down to 53 out of 60 for comp. So, could buff to 58 with VSF. Not sure its worth it though.

My army is in a terrible state of disrepair though!

Given that they are classed as upgrades and are different ones, you could probably argue against it but... rolleyes.gif

How is your Tactical grav gun getting on? What with the internet saying how the sky falls if you take Salvo weapons on anything other than Relentless platforms...

Hm, personally I would sacrifice army comp points to maximise my chances of winning big and get full battle points, but that's just me with my power gaming mentality msn-wink.gif

Far more to it than that, which Mort knows from experience msn-wink.gif

Good question! I needed grav, but, couldn't afford it on anywhere else. Couldn't work in the bikes without taking away elsewhre. I use it as part of a "tactical" unit, hitting hard targets encroaching on my backline.

Not ideal, but any grav is decent!

Getting a pistol on my chappy and my drop vet too

Last Vets came down to a points diff of around 5 I think!!! Always uber tight!!

Given that they are classed as upgrades and are different ones, you could probably argue against it but... rolleyes.gif

How is your Tactical grav gun getting on? What with the internet saying how the sky falls if you take Salvo weapons on anything other than Relentless platforms...

Hm, personally I would sacrifice army comp points to maximise my chances of winning big and get full battle points, but that's just me with my power gaming mentality msn-wink.gif

Far more to it than that, which Mort knows from experience msn-wink.gif

Care to eloborate. I am curious ;)

"Final"  list is looking like this:

Chaplain - Veritas, Grav Pistol

Mephiston     (-3 comp)

Damocles      (-2 comp)

5x Terminators -4TH/SS    ( -4 comp - no full unit of elite)

10x TAC - Melta Gun, HF, Grav Pistol, Axe, Vet 

1x POD

10x TAC - Melta Gun, LasCan

1x Razorback - LC/PG

10x TAC - Melta Gun, LasCan   (+3 comp)

1x Razorback - LC/PG   

10x TAC - Heavy Flmr, GravGun  (+3 comp)

1x Razorback - LC/PG  (- 3 comp)

3x Attack Bikes - 3MM

5x ASM - 2Melta Gun, 1x Infernus Pistol, 1x Grav Pistol

1x Pod

Sicaran - Legacy of Mars  ( -5 - FW + Legacy)

Fire Raptor - Legacy of...er...monster hunter   ( -5 - FW + Legacy)

Storm Raven - Extra Armour

Additional:

+7 for no duplicates (other than transport)

TOTAL:

51/60 (CAD)   (or 56/60 VSF)

VSF. If you feel Obj Sec is needed, then so will everyone else. So go for the extra bonuses from the VSF.

Jol - interestingly, my concerns for Obj Sec are less than my concerns for mission 2 and mission 5 where I dont get a say in what guys get the bonus.

Also, i'm not sure what is better - "4" rolls on the strategic table (2 rolls with 2 rerolls) or 1 on strategic, and one on another.

I'm really in a pickle!

Just to get whole picture smile.png ; termies go into SR? or ?

~BT

EDIT:

Well not sure if you benefit that much from BSF, while you have too many Tacs to get the real use out of it.

BSF i rate is out, sadly :( I luuurve the bonus, but need the other buffs- so its either the CAD or the VSF (Veteran's Strike Force)

And ya! Termies go into the SR or can DS to the Damocles.

That reminds me, what powers for Mephiston? I guess he's going to roll with the Terminators and the Chaplain inside the Stormraven?

Used Mephiston on the weekend. Rolled on Biomancy and got Life Leach and Haemorrhage. Lets just say he didn't have the greatest life expectancy...

That reminds me, what powers for Mephiston? I guess he's going to roll with the Terminators and the Chaplain inside the Stormraven?

Used Mephiston on the weekend. Rolled on Biomancy and got Life Leach and Haemorrhage. Lets just say he didn't have the greatest life expectancy...

Been rolling BA powers and been really happy.  I love the primaris.  

Everything else is just gravy.  Rolled Rage the other day too - 10 attacks on the charge- with rerolls to hit from Chap....devastating.

Archived