Road to Veteran's 2015

Morticon

The last mission is finally up -like a month later- apologies!!

(im actually writing this as I am invigilating high school exams :P ) 

So, the last game trounced me: 29-9 to him.  

However- his army comp is far lower. 

We add up the results, and as is the case with Veteran's it's not always the player with the highest Generalship!

Highest General was Bernard the Khorne player with 135 points to his name.

I was second with 133.

Sjoerd, the Daemon player i played in the finals was 128,

4th was Oscar the guy with the crazy Fellblade/Raptor army on 121

and 5th was Anthony with Dark Eldar on - 119

Composition:

4 of the top 5 had 60/60 for comp. 

They were Nigel (orks), Tristan (Sisters player i faced), Nick (Tau) and Nick (DE - Carnival of Pain list)

5th was an ork player(Eugene) with 58.

With these interesting things in mind....the final table looked like this:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/vets_zpsbrmfhmxo.jpg

So, for the 3rd year in a row, and if i'm not mistaken, 4 times out of 6, BA took it once more  ^_^  

I think I lucked out HEAVILY in the game vs. Angraath and also in my second game vs the Orks- was a bad match up for him on account of all the Melta I had. 
Also, got a little lucky in game one when i took out the 2 squads of Broadsides - if it wasnt for that, i would have lost that game. 

All in all, was an exceptional tourney. 
I was VERY happy with the list.  I'm glad I went with Objective Secured/CAD - it saved my ass so many times. 

I'm also VERY surprised with all the melta/grav pistols -thought they were really, really good.  

I wouldnt change anything in my list if i had to do it again.

A few questions/points:

• Why is Nigel always the bridesmaid?
  • Did you get points deducted for putting your beer on the table? furious.gif
  • I see you got away with having your Stormraven tail on backwards! I swear all the cool kids do this (like me...rolleyes.gif )
  • It's really surprising how many people opt for a low comp score and a low painting score...

A few questions/points:

• Why is Nigel always the bridesmaid?
  • Did you get points deducted for putting your beer on the table? furious.gif
  • I see you got away with having your Stormraven tail on backwards! I swear all the cool kids do this (like me...rolleyes.gif )
  • It's really surprising how many people opt for a low comp score and a low painting score...

1: Because BA.

2: Heeeeells no!!!!!

3: ^_^ I like it far better.

4: I'm with you - i keep telling people. But, they either want to play something "fun" and quirky that they cant do at lower points level - or they just use what they have - which may be unpainted!

Looked like an awesome time! That Ork list was really cool and Orky, turbo everything, worry about casualties tomorrow :P

Looks like you gave everyone a solid fight though, God knows what I'd do against that Tau list. Probably just run my DC at them and hope for the best.

The Fire Raptor and Sicaran just seem like the most powerful things ever. Definitely need to pick those up If anything from Forgeworld

As a great example, War of Murder legacy on the Fireraptor makes so much sense, but it's pretty far from the first thought I've had.

Vs. Daemons and Tau/Eldar - even GK, it's not a bad way to force extra wounds -especially with the decent strength with the Heavy bolters.  WIth the 12 TL HB shots and the 7 TL heavy avenger shots- its really decent! 

Prizes were:

Overall

1st, 

2nd, 

3rd, 

4th

Best General

and 

Wooden Spoon.

Both the wooden spoon and best general were sponsored by Stone Circle Brewery (local craft brewery ownen by the DE player with the carnival of pain) 

1-4th had store vouchers! 

Mort - I love your tactical perspective on how to take advantage of BA strengths in really unconventional ways.  I model a lot of what I do off your insights.  Keep it up!

I appreciate that feedback, dude -thanks a lot.  Sometimes arduous to write those batreps- but knowing that people are getting value from them makes it a little more worth the effort. 

Nice. Have you got your eye on anything?

I actually donated my winnings to the pool, so that 2nd - 4th could get more prize money ><; 

I didn't need anything, really - and it was like the 3rd or 4th time in a row i've won it- felt bad.  lol

Final question (for now anyway), you mentioned on another thread you were doing some play testing with Centurions. Seeing as you're here, how did that go?

Brilliant game.  Really went well.  Cents are good in a particular format (no duh). 

Its not a "ba" list - its a cent list with BA trim.   Final score was 10-7 to him.  He played 2x Wraithknights, a minned windrider with shuricans and 3x Hunters <_< Stupid 4++ reroll  - sicaran cant ignore <_<

Playing in a regionals next weekend- will rock the cents then with Mephy in tow!

Final question (for now anyway), you mentioned on another thread you were doing some play testing with Centurions. Seeing as you're here, how did that go?

Brilliant game. Really went well. Cents are good in a particular format (no duh).

Its not a "ba" list - its a cent list with BA trim. Final score was 10-7 to him. He played 2x Wraithknights, a minned windrider with shuricans and 3x Hunters dry.png Stupid 4++ reroll - sicaran cant ignore dry.png

Playing in a regionals next weekend- will rock the cents then with Mephy in tow!

sick.gif

Divination?

Tiggy

Mephy

Corteas

Chaplain - veritas, auspex

3x Cents - grav/missiles/omni

5x BA Tac - HF

Razor - Las/Plas

5x BA Tac - Flmr

Razor - Las/Plas

5x SM Scouts - SR

4x BA Bikers - Grav/MG

1x Sicaran - Sarosh Legacy

Totally not my style, but Decoy has asked me to play with the Cents as a test - and I want to smash the Wraith knight player into oblivion. So....ya.

Was the Veterans even ranked?

Does this mean you're back to/remain at #1?

Will this National event be ranked?

Will we get a report this side of Christmas?

Vets wasn't ranked :P

Next two ranked events are the regionals this weekend, then Icon up in Johannesburg in July - i maaay fly up there because the prize is a new Warden Knight. And its ranked.  

NOM.

and ill be better with reports! promise :P

Archived