Road to Veteran's 2015

Morticon

Oi...howcome my appearance score was so low...I didnt have that much unpainted....

I could been infront of Nigel had i gotten the full 30....

Also dont care much more for brins batreps...know ill take him anyway ;P

Oi...howcome my appearance score was so low...I didnt have that much unpainted....

I could been infront of Nigel had i gotten the full 30....

Also dont care much more for brins batreps...know ill take him anyway ;P

Bases and WYSIWYG

It's -8 per unit unpainted.  

As I said earlier in this post.Best Vets ever. I actually made it easier for Morticon when I played the sisters army in round 3. I had the chance to reserve an enemy unit,but thought this was rather cowardly so didnt. .My opponent ,with a little too much glee in his voice ,then reserved my 15 man bike squad. We only got to turn 3,so they didnt come on.I lost 27-12[i think]. had we played out turn 4 in all probability the result would have been 32-12 to me. Still thats life.I still believe that my army was the best as had been shown when we played in the pre tournie game. In that game I totally forgot what the primary was as I got carried away with my blood lust killing all those lovely BA. I think he only had 2 vehicles left.

I wont spoil the Regionals, other than to say, I wasnt the bridesmaid this time.I lost one game 5-6 and the other 11-12.So really close games. I managed to pull off a 3-2 win over Sids insane Eldar list.

I dropped a Painboy to put in a Big Mek with a Shok Attak Gun,just to keep Morticon on his toes with his star unit. Bit of a waste of time as it turned out,but always a lot of fun. Rolled a double 6 against a Baneblade and had a big laugh in the game against Sid  when he rolled a double 5 with the first shot of the game and ended up in combat with a Dark Reaper unit which then needed 4 rounds of combat plus the addition of his warlord to free them up.One could almost imagine the slow handclap of respect that the rest of the army gave him Sadly I didnt arm him with a killsaw. That would have been hilarious. We also cocked it up as his unit of gretchin  should have gone with him.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

None you would appreciate ><; 

I'm looking to take a bully list.  An unbalanced, 0-comp, smash everyone in the face type list, rather than a high comp, balanced list.  

The idea is that I'd like to take myself out of the running for 1st position, (ive won it 5 of 6 times :/ ) and give someone else the opportunity, but make sure that their victory is deserved, considering the list is likely to smash those players hard.  

Aaaand, with that theory... ><; its unlikely I'll be taking BA.  

Of course, i may have a change of heart- in which case i'll run a small mod on last years list :P 

Was looking at a Raven Guard null deploy list (using AoD)  with a skyhammer and a tiny BA contingent. 

7 pods. 5 in on first turn, other 2 can roll to come on first turn.  The Fireraptor and the storm wing also can roll to come on first turn.

Was looking at a Raven Guard null deploy list (using AoD)  with a skyhammer and a tiny BA contingent. 

7 pods. 5 in on first turn, other 2 can roll to come on first turn.  The Fireraptor and the storm wing also can roll to come on first turn.

Are the latest draft FAQs being counted for the Veteran's tournament? There's the BRB one and the C:SM one that may put a halt to your plans. Not sure if you saw but I mentioned my concern over on Prot's Gladius thread.

Are the latest draft FAQs being counted for the Veteran's tournament? There's the BRB one and the C:SM one that may put a halt to your plans. Not sure if you saw but I mentioned my concern over on Prot's Gladius thread.

defs not.  We not touching those until they're fully legal.  Too many obscure rule changes for us.  All the clarifications we already play by, so no change our side! 

Archived