Helbrute Mayhem Pack and Deep Striking

Kaldoth

So, after picking up three Helbrutes for cheap, I've decided to field the Mayhem Pack formation in an upcoming tournament. Because hey, why not have fun? tongue.png However, the slate is a bit vague on deep striking, so hopefully you all can give me a hand. Under the special rules for the Mayhem Pack, it does not designate this formation as a squadron. In the same dataslate, the Murderpack entry specifically says the Murderpack is a squadron. However, it does say that one roll is made for the entire formation to arrive. So, how does this translate to reserves and deep striking? Do they all strike in together in formation, or as they aren't a squadron, can I strike them separately, even though it's only a single roll for all of them to come onto the table? huh.png

Cheers,

-Kal

I think you're getting mixed up between the Mayhem Pack and the Helfist Murderpack:

Quoted from the Special rules of the Mayhem Pack section of the Helbrute Dataslate:

Mayhem from the Maelstrom: All of the units in this Formation must begin the game in Reserve. When making Reserve Rolls, make a single roll for the entire Formation. On a successful Reserves Roll, the all of the units in this Formation arrives from Reserve by Deep Strike.

Quoted directly from the Special rules of the Helfist Murderpack section of the Helbrute Dataslate:

Special Rules - Murderpack: All of the Helbrutes in this Formation count as a single vehicle squadron.

They are two different Formations, each of which has separate special rules.

In the case of the Mayhem Pack, you'll make 1 reserve roll for the whole formation, but each Helbrute is Deep Striked as a single model unit, with each Helbrute being placed then rolling for scatter separately.

I think you're getting mixed up between the Mayhem Pack and the Helfist Murderpack:

Quoted from the Special rules of the Mayhem Pack section of the Helbrute Dataslate:

Mayhem from the Maelstrom: All of the units in this Formation must begin the game in Reserve. When making Reserve Rolls, make a single roll for the entire Formation. On a successful Reserves Roll, the all of the units in this Formation arrives from Reserve by Deep Strike.

Quoted directly from the Special rules of the Helfist Murderpack section of the Helbrute Dataslate:

Special Rules - Murderpack: All of the Helbrutes in this Formation count as a single vehicle squadron.

They are two different Formations, each of which has separate special rules.

In the case of the Mayhem Pack, you'll make 1 reserve roll for the whole formation, but each Helbrute is Deep Striked as a single model unit, with each Helbrute being placed then rolling for scatter separately.

Nope, wasn't confused at all! :P I think you thought I was confused laugh.png I was using the Murderpack to note that this slate does contain a unit of multiple dreads that was designated as a squadron, whereas the Mayhem pack was not designated that way. Regardless, that answered my question! Cheers happy.png

-Kal

Archived