Is Caliban really destroyed?

HsojVvad

After rereading the fluff again to make my own Unforgiven Chapter for the competition, I am having doubts that Caliban is really destroyed. I don't know, something bothers me that "The Rock" survived because of it's force fields but the rest of the planet was gone. If something that powerful enough can destroy a planet, I am sure the force fields would not be strong enough to protect what's inside from it.

So I think it's one of those stories that is just Lore but not true. After all 10 000 years has passed who knows what the original story was. Also I am starting to see the Dark Angels more and more like the Alpha Legion, where they like having false information around. I am sure this is something Dark Angels would do and make the Imperium believe that Calabin was destroyed so nobody would be coming around and see the Proof of The Fallen. 

After all, who is going to look for a planet that was destroyed 10 000 years ago? Maybe the Dark Angels can "hide" the planet some how. Maybe I watched Return of the Clones too much. :P

What do you think? Caliaban destroyed or not? 

From what I recall in the fluff, the crust of the planet was severely weakened by the bombardment so when the resulting warp storm took place, the planet broke apart.

When GW did the Eye of Terror campaign, I think one of the areas to fight in were the ruins of Caliban.

So I would say it is definitely destroyed but there are chunks still there.

Chunks of rock floating around? Like in Warlock 2 video game, Shards? That would still be so cool mystical shields around these shards so the Jungles of Caliban can still be flourishing.  Thanks, just gave me some more ideas. :D

Archived